Do Not Vote for EEC

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 12 2021 5:08 PM

Please, do not vote for the EEC.  You’ll only get 13 volumes in case you didn’t know, so vote for something else.  If it was the entire set then it’d be ok, but I repeat, it’s only the 13 volume set that’s in the race.  Besides, there is a volume on Deuteronomy available that isn’t even included in the set, so it should be 14 volumes and even then it’s not a complete set.

DAL

Posts 3855
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2021 6:17 PM

DAL:

Please, do not vote for the EEC.  You’ll only get 13 volumes in case you didn’t know, so vote for something else.  If it was the entire set then it’d be ok, but I repeat, it’s only the 13 volume set that’s in the race.  Besides, there is a volume on Deuteronomy available that isn’t even included in the set, so it should be 14 volumes and even then it’s not a complete set.

DAL

Though I tend to avoid March Madness (both in basketball and in LOGOS), your reasoning is sound. If LOGOS would convince me that they are actively working toward completing this, I might have a different opinion. My sense is that the cash that I put toward the complete set is/was not money well spent. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 6
Kenneth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2021 7:03 PM

I second the motion. Please vote for Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary (ZIBBC) which rarely goes on sale beyond 45-50%, whereas EEC (13 vol set) was sold last June 2020 for $99.99 (78% off) and if you are a Connect subscriber, you can get additional 25% off, down to $74.99 (83% off retail).  The maximum discount for March Matchup is only 60%. Vote wisely!  

Posts 97
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2021 11:25 PM

ZIBBC has been on my wishlist for a while now, hoping it takes home the championship!

Posts 2541
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 3:28 AM

I've been thinking about this too.  I don't know what the final price will be, but I can see some people being upset if the price for the entire set now is less than what they paid almost 10 years ago.

Posts 287
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 3:58 AM

It's interesting they don't let you purchase EEC volumes individually, I am pretty sure they used to. You would think if people bought some of the single volumes and liked them, they might ante up to the whole set (or at least buy more of the released volumes), although the amount of time and delay since introduction of this set has been quite problematic.

Posts 2541
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 4:08 AM

The set was originally the only way to purchase the EEC volumes.  Later individual volumes were made available.  A search for "EEC" at Logos will bring them up.

Posts 2517
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 11:30 AM

DAL:
Please, do not vote for the EEC.  You’ll only get 13 volumes

But for users who already own ZIBBC, 13 volumes of EEC is better than 0 volumes of ZIBBC

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2541
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 11:53 AM

Yep.  That's why I didn't vote for the ACCS or WBC.  I already own them.

Posts 1274
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 1:24 PM

David Thomas:

But for users who already own ZIBBC, 13 volumes of EEC is better than 0 volumes of ZIBBC

No point in voting for what you own already. That's why I haven't voted for any of the Ratzinger books in the Verbum matchups... I have all the books competing.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 2:05 PM

David Wanat:

David Thomas:

No point in voting for what you own already. That's why I haven't voted for any of the Ratzinger books in the Verbum matchups... I have all the books competing.

I just don’t vote for any of them 😁 I own the 13 volumes of EEC.  Nice technical set, but I doubt I’ll see the series finished in my lifetime; especially with many people getting COVID-19 and no one knows for sure how their bodies will react to it.

Posts 4786
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 2:20 PM

Maybe if more buy the set, there will be more incentive to finish it quickly? :) 

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 2:40 PM

Mattillo:

Maybe if more buy the set, there will be more incentive to finish it quickly? :) 

Nah, that’s not going to happen.  I don’t think they have enough authors to assign the rest of the work that’s pending.  This series is not even half way done.  It’s a huge project, so it’ll take more time than what they had originally planned for.

DAL

Posts 5903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2021 4:47 PM

FL was very naive when they took on this project. For sure I’m disappointed it’s nowhere near finished but I don’t regret backing the project. And I would not want volumes rushed through with any author just so they can say it is finished. Should people vote for it? That’s their own personal call. I don’t have a horse in this particular race so I’ll abstain from voting and abstain from telling people how they should vote. 

Posts 748
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2021 1:23 PM

Dal, I don't think people are listening to you. EEC is way ahead of ZIBBC.  Too bad, I was hoping it would come out ahead. Oh well it will probably still be a good sale.

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2021 2:42 PM

Michael Kinch:

Dal, I don't think people are listening to you. EEC is way ahead of ZIBBC.  Too bad, I was hoping it would come out ahead. Oh well it will probably still be a good sale.

Well, it was more like a firm suggestion more than anything.  I have both so no biggie for me.  I would’ve voted if the entire set was offered 👍😁👌

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS