Regression: 4.1 Beta 1 Links from guides broken

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 16 2010 11:12 PM | Locked

I'm finding in 4.1 beta 1 that the links in several sections of the guides aren't working properly in that they open up the relevant book to page 1 rather than to the particular passage or topic you're interested in; it seems to be happening in Collections, Grammars and Visualisations, Commentaries still work as expected. See attached screenshot where hovering over the link to Porter shows the link is going to the book's front-matter rather than the relevant article.

Posts 26516
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:33 AM | Locked

I'm amazed how easily these things happen, not just that we have to perform regression testing. It has been acknowledged by Melissa, though, as the link is in the resource title rather than the article. It also happens in Topics.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 17 2010 4:38 AM | Locked

Same here. 

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 19180
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:48 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

I'm amazed how easily these things happen, not just that we have to perform regression testing.

These sorts of things wouldn't happen if there were a regular suite of tests (including regression testing of all prior fixed bugs, and automated as much as possible) that were performed without fail before every new release. Mind you, this isn't a regression (at least by the definition I've been accustomed to, which means something broken again that had been broken before and then fixed). I don't recall this bug ever being there before. I think this is a newly introduced bug. But still, it's the kind of thing that could be tested in an automated way given the right tools.

Posts 852
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:40 AM | Locked

It's backwards - click on the article name and you get the book title, click on the book title and you get the article.  Not right, but that's how it behaves in 4.1B1.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:45 AM | Locked

Yup, it threw me for a loop the other day when I hit the same thing.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:42 AM | Locked

Tim Hensler:

It's backwards - click on the article name and you get the book title, click on the book title and you get the article.  Not right, but that's how it behaves in 4.1B1.

Thanks for sharing this observation. I hadn't tried clicking the resource title so I didn't realize it would take me where I wanted to go.

Posts 9057
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:05 AM | Locked

This bug will be fixed in Beta 2.

Posts 26516
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:10 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Mind you, this isn't a regression (at least by the definition I've been accustomed to

It's not a regression but Regression Testing would ensure that existing functionality has not been affected by new code or bug fixes (because testing assumes the presence of bugs regression testing ensures that previously tested functionality does not regress!).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS