REQ: Import verse numbers in Sentence Diagrammer

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 16 2010 11:54 PM | Locked

Please can we have our verse numbers back when importing text..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:45 PM | Locked

Can you clarify, perhaps with a screenshot?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:56 PM | Locked

Take Psalm 23

insert passage isn't importing verse numbers for me..

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:09 PM | Locked

DominicM:

Take Psalm 23

Thank you for clarifying. The term 'import' made me think you were having trouble with a diagram imported from L3, and the one I imported included verse numbers. Inserting a passage in a new diagram does leave off the verse numbers. I'll report this.

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:24 PM | Locked

Sorry to be a pain, any word on a fix for this..

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 8:00 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

DominicM:

Take Psalm 23

Thank you for clarifying. The term 'import' made me think you were having trouble with a diagram imported from L3, and the one I imported included verse numbers. Inserting a passage in a new diagram does leave off the verse numbers. I'll report this.

It'd be nice if it was optional, but having verses there would be better than not having them ast all as you can always remove in cases when you don't want them there

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 2:55 AM | Locked

DominicM:

Please can we have our verse numbers back when importing text..

Allow me to add my voice to this request.

Posts 27602
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 11:10 AM | Locked

Andrew McKenzie:
It'd be nice if it was optional, but having verses there would be better than not having them ast all as you can always remove in cases when you don't want them there

Don't forget than some of us NEVER want the verse numbers (or chapters for that matter).Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 11:15 AM | Locked

maybe if they could grab the CBV settings and use them everyone can be happy...

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 11:50 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Andrew McKenzie:

Don't forget than some of us NEVER want the verse numbers (or chapters for that matter).Smile

Ths is so true MJ.. in the end compromise never really satisfies anyone... except maybe the developers.....

DominicM:

maybe if they could grab the CBV settings and use them everyone can be happy...

An internesting thought  Dominic but I wonder if it would cause confusion as it is a setting for a different funciton.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:58 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Andrew McKenzie:

Yeah, but they'd only be in the temporary workspace for building up your sentence diagram from. If you don't drag them into the diagram itself they won't end up there.

Posts 27602
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 1:57 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

MJ. Smith:

Yeah, but they'd only be in the temporary workspace for building up your sentence diagram from.

Those of us who use tree diagrams simply move the entire line of text down the page and perhaps widen the page to eliminate the word wrap. We don't mess with all that moving words around. Okay, I overstated that a bit . I do move separate sentences to different locations down the page.Stick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:14 AM | Locked

Thank you for implementing this in 4.1B6

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS