Sentence diagrammer praise and request.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:08 AM | Locked

First...

The Sentence diagrammer tool it really really smooth...it works just fantastic...

The very few things I could see needed improvement have been mentioned but this one...hence this suggestion:

When you multiple-select words, and then get them out of alignment, they are very hard to get back to alignment; either horizontally but mostly vertically...and it seems like I never can.

Could we have a way to multiple select words and choose "realign horizontally and vertically" or something like that?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 27638
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:29 PM | Locked

Robert Pavich:
Could we have a way to multiple select words and choose "realign horizontally and vertically" or something like that?

I agree ... and I'd like it to be expanded to include shapes OR to show the grid so that I could use it to help me align shapes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:46 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Robert Pavich:

I agree ... and I'd like it to be expanded to include shapes OR to show the grid so that I could use it to help me align shapes.

Agree it would be nice to be able to better align things but it is sure nice to have this tool finally in logos 4

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 1:51 AM | Locked

Andrew McKenzie:
...but it is sure nice to have this tool finally in logos 4

I agree! And it works really well doesn't it?

Robert Pavich

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 2:31 AM | Locked

Very nice

Posts 346
LogosEmployee
David Schwegler (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:12 PM | Locked

Robert Pavich:

When you multiple-select words, and then get them out of alignment, they are very hard to get back to alignment; either horizontally but mostly vertically...and it seems like I never can.

Can you provide a screenshot describing the problem?

Thanks!

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 2:59 PM | Locked

You can multi-select and then click join and the software will align the words for you.  I join phrases that way.  You can then select the phrase and click split to separate them again, if need be.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 4:38 PM | Locked

David...see the screen shot...

Robert Pavich

Posts 346
LogosEmployee
David Schwegler (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 5:03 PM | Locked

Robert,

Thanks for the screenshot...we'll look into it.

--David

Posts 3
Tom Steller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:11 PM | Locked

Another request.  Perhaps this has already been made and incorporated in the new diagrammer.  It would be helpful to me if an = sign could be put in to show appositives.  In Logos 3, I have had to do the text box and type in the = sign.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:59 PM | Locked

Yes

Tom Steller:

Another request.  Perhaps this has already been made and incorporated in the new diagrammer.  It would be helpful to me if an = sign could be put in to show appositives.  In Logos 3, I have had to do the text box and type in the = sign.

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:12 AM | Locked

David Schwegler:

SD can also rearrange words with the Join command. This usually occurs when the words were originally on different lines. Do you need a screen shot? This rearrangement is unpredictable, but if you need a screenshot, I will attempt to get one.

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 6:05 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

David Schwegler:

SD can also rearrange words with the Join command. This usually occurs when the words were originally on different lines. Do you need a screen shot? This rearrangement is unpredictable, but if you need a screenshot, I will attempt to get one.

I usually move all of the words I want to join to one line and in order.  That prevents the problem you are describing, although it does take a little more work.  It would be nice if we could select text on multiple lines and the software could remember the word order.

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:53 AM | Locked

Doug:
I usually move all of the words I want to join to one line and in order. 

I also do that.

Doug:
That prevents the problem you are describing

Not all the time. Sometimes it still scrambles the words. This error is not all that frequent, but it has happened with text from the Byzantine New Testament. I haven't attempted to diagram anything else.

Doug:
It would be nice if we could select text on multiple lines and the software could remember the word order.

That would be nice.

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 12:08 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
Not all the time. Sometimes it still scrambles the words.

I managed to make SD scramble. Original inserted text

Rearranged prior to Join

After Join

I notice that ἁγιωσύνης is slightly above  κατὰ πνεῦμα in screenshot SD 1. Could this cause the scramble?

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:31 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
I notice that ἁγιωσύνης is slightly above  κατὰ πνεῦμα in screenshot SD 1. Could this cause the scramble?

It does seem likely that the problerms are related.  I do seem to remember having a similar experience with the diagrammer now that I've saw your example.  I think I just split the words back out , then realigned and rejoined them to correct it.  This would be irritating if I had to do it very often. 

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:33 PM | Locked

Doug:
I think I just split the words back out , then realigned and rejoined them to correct it.  This would be irritating if I had to do it very often. 

That has been my procedure in the past. From this experience, I believe that I need to make sure that the text I bring up from a lower line needs to be level with, or slightly below, the text from the upper line.

This was not a real diagram. I had already finished that text. I just inserted the passage and started joining phrases until one scrambled the words.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS