Are there professors in the forum?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:35 PM

Some time ago there was in the thread ,where some have said about their profession.I would like to know if there are Doctors and professors. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE LAO MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I hope this question doesn’t disturb any body.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:40 PM

Tes:
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE LAO MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

This is not part of my question,I don't know how it could appear.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1686
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:59 PM

Hi Tes. I'm a lecturer and director of a Bible college: not sure if that is what you mean by professor, as that word means different things on different continents.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 8:01 PM

Tes:

Use the paste from Word icon in the forum editor to avoid this gibberish. (When pasting from Word.)

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:36 AM

Allen Browne:

Hi Tes. I'm a lecturer and director of a Bible college: not sure if that is what you mean by professor, as that word means different things on different continents.

Thank you Allen,I mean as a title.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:41 AM

Allen Browne:

It is OK.what ever it may mean as you have said it or different.Professor or a doctor.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:42 AM

Scott S:

Tes:

Use the paste from Word icon in the forum editor to avoid this gibberish. (When pasting from Word.)

Thank you Scott S

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19191
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:18 AM

Tes:

Scott S:

Tes:

Thank you Scott S

Hi Tes, make sure you when you are responding to a quote by someone else, you put your response after the closing "[ / quote ]" mark, or it comes out looking like your text is part of their quote (in the shaded blue area).

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:16 AM

HI Rosie,thank you.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19191
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:44 PM

I don't recall any university or seminary professors who have posted here, but I do remember there was a guy who is in administration in higher education, involved in curriculum development at a college, I think. He was asking questions about the possibility of designing a curriculum based entirely on the books available in Logos and requiring their students to purchase Logos.

Posts 3764
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:59 PM

I expect that there are some.   Though I do not have a doctorate (three master degrees actually), I was on the Computer Science faculty  of a small Christian college for eleven years (and associated with three other higher ed institutions before that).  I retired because of disability two years ago - I expect that there may be others here as well.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:02 PM

I've recognized the name of a professor or two on the forum (I noticed because I have one of their books) but they couldn't be considered regulars.

Posts 19191
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:30 PM

The professors I know from Regent College who use Bible software at all use that other product that used to be the only thing going on the Mac. They don't have time to mess around with alpha or even beta software, so maybe they'll reconsider once L4 goes gold for the Mac. I once helped arrange a private meeting/demo up here in Vancouver between Bob Pritchett and another Logos employee and one of the key biblical studies profs at Regent about Logos, and the latter still wasn't convinced Logos was better than that other product for his purposes. That was with L3, so again maybe they'd reconsider with Mac L4. But it's hard to change opinions about software reputations that are deeply entrenched, especially when you have money already invested and time is in short supply so you don't want to learn a new system. I'm not too hopeful about being able to convert Regent profs over to Logos. I've never been a good salesperson anyway.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:51 PM

Tes:
I would like to know if there are Doctors and professors

Well, in an old blog post  Ryan Burns mentioned that there are PhDs working at Logos, so I'm sure that they post from time to time.

Not to mention Dr. Phil

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 3:00 PM

I'm a Professor and a Campus Dean.

My field is not theology (PhD is in sports medicine).

Why (if I may ask) is this of interest to you?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 3:35 PM

Doc B:

I'm a Professor and a Campus Dean.

My field is not theology (PhD is in sports medicine).

Why (if I may ask) is this of interest to you?

Thank you Professor, Yes .

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 3:51 PM

I'm interested in the "Why" of the question as well.

I have a PhD in Biochemistry and was a Professor at a University until I retired (actually resigned) last year to become a full time pastor.

Blessings,  

Fernando

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 4:17 PM

Fernando A Gonzalez:

I'm interested in the "Why" of the question as well.

I have a PhD in Biochemistry and was a Professor at a University until I retired (actually resigned) last year to become a full time pastor.

Blessings,  

Fernando

Thank you Professor,The reason I have asked is,I was simply curious to know,to the level profession of the participants in the forum.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 7:40 PM

There is also at least one retired medical doctor in the group.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 7:50 PM

I thought there was a theology professor from Liberty who posted here a few times. I know that a bunch of my professors used Logos. My Hebrew professor in seminary was a fan.

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS