Are there professors in the forum?

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2010 9:45 PM

Not really a professor, but I have taught Calculus III to Sophmores in college and I was a certified Math and Science Teacher in the public schools.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 4:07 PM

Thank you all.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 4:50 PM

Tes:
Thank you Professor,The reason I have asked is,I was simply curious to know,to the level profession of the participants in the forum.

Tes, I hope you do realize that just because they don't take the time to post in the forums does not mean there are only a few Professors that use Logos. I know half the Sales Department is devoted to Academic sales and it is not just the students they service. I doubt Loos can divulge who uses their software in the various colleges and seminaries for privacy reasons, but I bet there are a LOT of well known names who do. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:07 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Tes:
Thank you Professor,The reason I have asked is,I was simply curious to know,to the level profession of the participants in the forum.

Tes, I hope you do realize that just because they don't take the time to post in the forums does not mean there are only a few Professors that use Logos. I know half the Sales Department is devoted to Academic sales and it is not just the students they service. I doubt Loos can divulge who uses their software in the various colleges and seminaries for privacy reasons, but I bet there are a LOT of well known names who do. 

Thank you!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:44 AM

Tes:

Matthew C Jones:

Tes:

Thank you!

You can see from the list at  https://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/pageid/581/index.html

That  Morris Proctor Seminars has provided private training for many ministries including:

• Bishop Garlington Urban School of Ministry - Pittsburgh, PA
  • Jack Hayford’s Living Way Ministries - Van Nuys, CA
  • Walk Thru the Bible - Atlanta, GA
  • ABWE Home Office Leadership - Harrisburg, PA
  • East Valley Bible Church - Phoenix, AZ
  • The People’s Church - Franklin, TN
  • Perimeter Church - Atlanta, GA
  • Dallas Theological Seminary - Dallas, TX
  • Lincoln Seminary - Lincoln, IL
  • Luther Rice University - Atlanta, GA
  • National Youth Ministries of the Assemblies of God - Springfield, MO
  • National Association of Nouthetic Counselors - Indianapolis, IN
  • David Hocking and Hope for Today - Tustin, CA
  • Fellowship Bible Church - Murfreesboro, TN
  • Bahamas Conference of Seventh-day Adventists - Nassau, Bahamas
  • Global University and Berean School of the Bible - Springfield, MO
  • Calvary Chapel - Murrieta, CA
  • ABWE Missionaries - Harrisburg, PA
  • Steve Ray and Friends - Detroit, MI
  • Temple Baptist Seminary - Chattanooga, TN
  • Bible Based Fellowship of Temple Terrace - Tampa, FL
  • Northside Baptist Church - Murfreesboro, TN

Posts 18
Paul D. Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:31 PM

I am an adjunct professor at the Criswell College in Dallas, TX and I use the Scholar's Library GOLD. I teach Psychology as well as personal and church evangelism. Is there something I can help with?

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:52 PM

Paul D. Carter:

I am an adjunct professor at the Criswell College in Dallas, TX and I use the Scholar's Library GOLD. I teach Psychology as well as personal and church evangelism. Is there something I can help with?

Thank you sir ,that's alright.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 137
Gary Shogren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:06 PM

Tes:
Some time ago there was in the thread ,where some have said about their profession.I would like to know if there are Doctors and professors

Hi brother! I've been a professor of New Testament for about 22 years, and a pastor for some years previous to that. I've taught in English in the USA, and now teach at a Bible College and seminary in San Jose, Costa Rica, where I teach in (something like) Spanish.

You may be interested to know that we require all of our graduate students to buy and use Logos (in Spanish it's called Compubiblia) in our Hebrew, Greek and exegesis courses. These are people who are training to be professors, and who in most cases are already teaching part-time in our Bachelor level. In my Bible classes I use a projector to put the Greek texts and other presentations on the screen. I am also entirely pleased that Logos now offers the Targums, as we're slated to offer Aramaic in the coming year. I plan to switch hats and learn Aramaic alongside the students.

I've used Logos to write two full-length commentaries (still in editing stage), many articles, sermons, lessons, small-group talks, you name it. I'm a fan!

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2012 3:08 PM

It was very interesting for me to hear from those who teach. I thought that i would revive this post to see if others might want to reply who are teaching in universities or seminaries.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 6:23 AM

Bump

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 278
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:15 AM

I have a Doctor of Ministry and formerly was chairman of the religion department.  I taught there for 8 years (I taught numerous courses that included, but not limited to, World Relgions, Marriage and Family, Greek, Ethics, OT Intro., NT Intro., OT Prophets, Life of Christ, Gospel of John, Romans, General Epistles, Hebrews, and Revelation) 

I am currently looking into doing adjunct teaching in the area that I now live in.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 3:15 PM

Mark Johnson:

I have a Doctor of Ministry and formerly was chairman of the religion department.  I taught there for 8 years (I taught numerous courses that included, but not limited to, World Relgions, Marriage and Family, Greek, Ethics, OT Intro., NT Intro., OT Prophets, Life of Christ, Gospel of John, Romans, General Epistles, Hebrews, and Revelation) 

I am currently looking into doing adjunct teaching in the area that I now live in.

Thank you Mark,I pray that the Lord may open the door for you for the job you are looking into in the area that you now live in.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 4:02 PM

I don't believe he is a professor nor do I think he has a doctorate—he is probably an instructor (like Obama)—Alain Maashe teaches something at Liberty.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 10:46 AM

Bump

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 11:26 AM

Mark Vitalis Hoffman of the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg has posted on the forums before.

Posts 789
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:45 PM

I am. Or was. New Testament.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 1:43 PM

I am a retired OBGYN. I was never an instructor or a professor.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 8:21 PM

Thank you all. I appreciate your contributions.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS