Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1123
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 27 2021 8:50 AM

Recently I reinstalled Logos to an SSD and discovered that I lost all my personal books.  They still showed in my personal book tool, but they were not in my library, so they were unsearchable.

Seems that they weren't uploaded after they were built. 

Now that I am recompiling my books, I see that the upload feature isn't even available until after the book is built.  If a person didn't know that he had to upload them, he wouldn't think of going back into that resource after it said it was finished.  And since it shows up in the library, who is going to think that, oh, this won't reinstall if you get your SSD or move to another device.  

My suggestion: offer the option to build book and upload or just build book.  don't expect a person to go back into a resource that closes the window and says finished to think that, oh, there is something else I need to do.

Posts 1123
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 9:08 AM

I should also add that now that I know to upload all my personal books, I don't know which books have been uploaded or not.  So when I go through them, I will inevitably upload something that has already been uploaded, because I didn't know that it was, and that wastes time.  If a resource has been uploaded, let it say so in the information menu in the tool panel.

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 10:09 AM

Larry Craig:
If a resource has been uploaded, let it say so in the information menu in the tool panel.

Suggest creating a Faithlife Feedback post. Searching Faithlife Feedback for personal book finds 32 posts for user voting. Similar post => Add a way to sort/filter Personal Books by date last built has 3 votes.

If Personal Book has data type indexing, suggest verifying data type index being usable after uploading. Thread => Bug: 7.2 RC 3 Regression: Personal Book Discourse Glossary provides me reason to copy *.lbspbb resources from an older installation so can use SCAN command in new installation to copy *.lbspbb resources into new installation followed by local indexing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1123
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 12:47 PM

I didn't understand a word you said.  I hope you understood what I said and made a helpful suggestion to them.

thank you

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 7:14 PM

Larry Craig:

I didn't understand a word you said.  I hope you understood what I said and made a helpful suggestion to them.

Created new Feedback post => Please add Personal Book Upload Indicator for voting (currently has 0 votes) with link to this thread.

My new Logos installations (or reinstalls) => use SCAN command to copy all my old compiled Personal Books (PB) into new installation. Much quicker to copy backup of compiled PB files (*.lbspbb) than recompile. Using SCAN command to copy also leaves PB metadata as is in my other installations (compiling causes PB metadata update for all installations).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2021 8:44 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Created new Feedback post => Please add Personal Book Upload Indicator for voting (currently has 0 votes) with link to this thread.

Just voted. Good idea!

KS4J, curious why you created a suggestion but didn't vote for it yourself? We're no longer limited on how many suggestions we can vote for. Give our friend Larry a little encouragement and vote for this too. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS