Pulpit commentary slows things to a crawl.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:17 AM

When I open the Pulpit Commentary (Galatians at the moment) Logos seems to slow to a snails pace - swithing between resources, note typing, everything slows down considerably. I have not noticed this with other resources I have used. Any idea what's up, or do I junk this resource that I was looking forward to using?

thanks for the help.

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:51 PM

frederick harrell:
do I junk this resource that I was looking forward to using?

I would not think that should be necessary. I tried several different  passages {including Galatians 3} in both testaments without seeing any slowdown.

I don't know what is causing your problem. Perhaps a more details explanation of your situation would help. What other resources are open when you experience this? How are you accessing this resource? etc.

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:30 PM

frederick harrell:
junk this resource that I was looking forward to using?

Maybe junk the computerBig Smile What are its specs?

Is it attached to many Notes, Reading  Plans, Visual Filters, Highlighting, etc?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:12 PM

Calvins's Commentaries does this for me, and they are the upgraded ones.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:39 PM

frederick harrell:
When I open the Pulpit Commentary (Galatians at the moment) Logos seems to slow to a snails pace

I have to agree with Frederick.  It takes 15-20 seconds just to go to another heading in the index, and the CPU usage is jumping around to between 50 and 60% while doing it.  This is definitely not normal behaviour for any other resource that I am aware of.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 7:43 PM

Are the articles particularly long in these resources?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:31 PM

MJ. Smith:

Are the articles particularly long in these resources?

They can be - assuming it is the indexed entry for a verse or range of verses.

I found the response to vary from fast to acceptable on my desktop and to improve from slow to OK on the laptop. But response is still not as good as other resources. The log shows nothing so this could well be a "long article" issue.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS