We have become friends through the forum

Page 6 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 412 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 6
Yared Getachew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 12:55 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yared Getachew:

I'm willing to help as long as the effort does not exceed the sphere of my abilities and available leisure.

In my view, the first step is to analyse the logos format so to decide whether there is any suitable Amharic bible available on the web that can be converted to the Logos format. This analysis could also help to make initial effort estimation for the task. For example if the logos format requires that every word in the Bible for a given language needs to be coded with Strong's numbers, then this could be a make or break criteria. Because, as far as I know, there is no Amharic Bible coded with the Strong's numbers. The task of coding the Amharic words with Strong's numbers may be beyond Logo's capabilities.

While some foreign language Bibles in Logos do indeed have Strong's coding (e.g. the Russian Bible), the most basic ones (e.g., the Finnish Bible -- Raamattu) don't need to have much in the way of special tagging. Just the verse numbers so you can navigate properly to the right verse from the reference box. I presume that since the Amharic characters are part of Unicode, then indexing would work the normal way without any special processing, so Bible search would work. There would be no intelligence about "Match all word forms," though. That's OK. Just getting the Amharic Bible into Logos would be a big help to Amharic speakers.

Can I contact you by leaving a message on the contact page of our iyesus.com website? I know absolutely zero Amharic but I was able to find the contact page by hovering over the tabs, and I can turn off the "write in Amharic" checkboxes.

That is nice that you found the contact page by hovering over the tabs :-). There is also a "contact us" english menu on the left hand side of the page.

Of course you can contact me using the iyesus.com contact form. By the way on iyesus.com you can search the Amharic bible using special search operations like exact word, Anay word, All words, Whole word, substring etc.

Posts 4
Rolf Tekle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:19 AM

Getaye barkh - Tes . He Jesus Christus Getane - Praise the Lord .! for the Ethiopia Revival .!!  Greeting from Rolf Tekle .!!  Look at man with undivided hearts and Trusting  on him . You should look at man and hear and not on gerede from people . There are  enough people  the only  Christian play to be - Trusting on man , Greeting your Brother in the Lord. Rolf Tekle .!! Bei Jesus fikerr ene odihallu .! Halleluja .!! Give Jesus the Glory .!

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:57 AM

Rolf Tekle:

Getaye barkh - Tes . He Jesus Christus Getane - Praise the Lord .! for the Ethiopia Revival .!!  Greeting from Rolf Tekle .!!  Look at man with undivided hearts and Trusting  on him . You should look at man and hear and not on gerede from people . There are  enough people  the only  Christian play to be - Trusting on man , Greeting your Brother in the Lord. Rolf Tekle .!! Bei Jesus fikerr ene odihallu .! Halleluja .!! Give Jesus the Glory .!

Thank you Rolf,may the Lord bless you and all your householed.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 4:33 AM

Rosie Perera:
Welcome, Yared! Wow, you're a great addition to this community!

Hi Rosie,I am glad now you have contacted the right person.He is similar to you he does all the job during the night after he comes from his work .There is no one committed person I could expect and who has knowledge about how to adapt the  Amharic Bible in electronic like him.He is one of those who look their  reward from the Lord in His glory.It is my prayer to see one day the Amharic bible included in logos format.

May the Lord bless you and give you achievement.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4
Rolf Tekle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 4:35 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
In April we have visited Ethiopia  with a group of pastors from England, Hungary and Czech Republic. I have been really blessed as we ministered and fellowshipped with many wonderful people of your country. Let God bless you and keep you as you minister to Him in your great nation.

Hello Dear Bohuslav  Wojnar

I greet you in Jesus name.I am very well in Christ.This time I am visiting and ministering in Europe.If God willing I will come back to my beautyfull country-Ethiopia a in two weeks.As you told me you were Ethiopia in April,That was wonderfull.May be If you come to again we willmeet and you will serve us. Please keep intouch,

In Christ

Beneyam from Germany

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:41 AM

Thank you all ,I am glad to be a part of the forum and glad as well,to everyone who has participated in introducing him/herself.I have said already this for me a great present.again thank you God bless you. I hope to from others as well.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:04 PM

Tes:

Thank you all ,I am glad to be a part of the forum and glad as well,to everyone who has participated in introducing him/herself.I have said already this for me a great present.again thank you God bless you. I hope to from others as well.

Thank you for starting this most interesting thread. Yes

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:23 PM

Jack Caviness:
Thank you for starting this most interesting thread.

Thank you Caviness, what a great privilage it is to be apart of the precious brothers and sisters in the forum, I consider it as if I have greeted every one, by streching my hand.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 3 2010 2:39 PM

let's see...

I currently reside in Hutto, TX (in the greater Austin, TX area, about 15 miles NE of Austin), by way of North Carolina.

Since everyone else is sharing a bit more about themselves... I'm currently in my 3rd year of training to be a pastor, which has been just like getting a seminary level education without seminary or accreditation, but still very thorough. As far as my day job, I currently work in the Bible software industry as a manager over the e-book/development department. That's about it, other than being married to a lovely wife & have three not so miniature clones of myself Smile

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 3 2010 3:11 PM

LaRosa Johnson:
I currently work in the Bible software industry as a manager over the e-book/development department

Hmm...so you work for the competition, then? A spy in our midst? Wink

Just kidding. Blessings to you in your work. Anyone helping people to study the Bible is doing good work and can't be against us.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 3 2010 3:38 PM

Yeah, I work for the competition, the company that likes searching words Smile

It has definitely been a blessing working for a Christian company, I especially enjoy creating resources that help people better understand the Word of God.

Spy? LOL, by no means. Much to my wife's displeasure, I've probably spent close to $4,000 (if not more) in the past 2 years upgrading my library. But, being the in-house Logos guru does have its perks every now & then.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:11 PM

I would love to see Logos staffs participating in becoming frineds through the forum.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:43 AM

My precious brothers and sisters in the Lord ,today I want to greet you with my origional picture,I love you:

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 15
David Royer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 7:46 AM

Hi Tess and all brothers and sisters in ChristBig Smile

I am glad to meet you and all the fellow saints on this forum. The Lord has shown his providence that he has given us this software and forum to teach us his word.

I am a student of his word and new to Logos residing in Saint Leonard, Maryland.

David

Posts 2963
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:00 AM

David Royer:

Hi Tess and all brothers and sisters in ChristBig Smile

I am glad to meet you and all the fellow saints on this forum. The Lord has shown his providence that he has given us this software and forum to teach us his word.

I am a student of his word and new to Logos residing in Saint Leonard, Maryland.

David

Welcome David,Praise the Lord ,thank you.May the Lord bless you in every aspect of your life.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 1:10 PM

I'm Scott Warren. I live in Jacks Creek, Tn. I have a wonderful wife and three awesome kids. I study God's word daily and look for every chance I can find to get up and preach.

I thank all my brothers and sisters in Christ for their help on this forum, and Tes I thank you for this opportunity to get to know some of them better.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 3:42 PM

Scott Warren:
I'm Scott Warren. I live in Jacks Creek, Tn

My son was recently in your vicinity, at Millington as a member of the USN promotion boards.

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 5:13 PM

Jack Caviness:

My son was recently in your vicinity, at Millington as a member of the USN promotion boards.

Cool, my brother in law was stationed on the USS Samuel B. Roberts for a few years. Unfortunately, when I was young, I was to rebellious to serve my country.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 10:00 AM

Scott Warren:
my brother in law was stationed on the USS Samuel B. Roberts for a few years

I served 20 years, but my son now has 27-1/2 years. He may retire at 30.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 3:13 PM

shark tacos:

Schönen Gruß Tes!

Ich bin in San Francisco und studiere Sytematische Theologie an der GTU.

(see if you non-Germans can figure out the above, it's pretty close to the English)

Hab zehn Jahre in Deutschland gewohnt (Berlin und München) bevor ich nach Kalifornien zurückgezogen bin.

-Haifisch

Guten Tag Herr Haifisch!

Ich wohne in Australia. Ich mag die Bibel zu studieren. Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch. 

Auf Wiedersehen

I believe you are indicating you are in San Francisco studying theology at GTU.  You previously lived in germany for ten years before .... moving to california ?

Page 6 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS