We have become friends through the forum

Page 18 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last »
This post has 412 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 8:38 AM

Todd Frusti:
 I just wanted to say 'thanx' to all who are sharing their knowledge and experience here, really appreciate what I've learned so far.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 8:46 AM

[quote user="Fasil"]

Hi Tes and all the the Community:

I,m a pastor in Nashville, TN. Originally from Ethiopia.

[/quote]

Welcome Pastor Fasil.

ውድ ፓስተር ፋሲል የከበረ ሰላምታየን በጌታ በኢየሱስ ክርስቶስ ስም አቀርብልሃለህ። ስሜ ገብረአብ ተስፋይ እባላለሁ።የማመልክበት ቤተክርስትያን በጀርመን በፍራንክፈት ከተማ በኢትዮጵያ ወንጌላዊት ቤተክርስትያን ነው። ምናልባት ካወቅከው ፓስተራችን ደ/ር እሸቱ ጉርሙ ይባላል። በጣም ደስ ብሎኛል በዚሁ በፎርም ስምህንና ሰላምታህን ባነበብኩ ጊዜ። ጌታ ይባርክህ! 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 2:58 PM

Thank you Tes!

ዉድ ገብረአብ አመሰግናለሁ! ፓስተራችሁን አላዉቀውም  በዚህ በመካነ ኢየሱሰ ቤተክርስቲያን አገለገላለሁ! ጌታ ይባርክህ!! 

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 8:14 PM

[quote user="Fasil"]

Thank you Tes!

ዉድ ገብረአብ አመሰግናለሁ! ፓስተራችሁን አላዉቀውም  በዚህ በመካነ ኢየሱሰ ቤተክርስቲያን አገለገላለሁ! ጌታ ይባርክህ!! 

[/quote]

You are Welcome Pastor Fasil.

ውድ ወንድሚ ፓስተር ፋሲል፣ እጅግ በጣም ደስ ብሎኛል፤ እኔም አባቶቼም አያቶቼም ከኤርትራ ወንጌላዊት ቤተክርስትያን ናቸው። በሕዝቡ በኩል ከኒሻ በመባል ነው የምንታወቀው። እንደ ኤውሮፓውያን አቆጣጠር በ1990  ወደ ጀርመን ከመምጣቴ በፊት አዲስ አበባ አምስት ወር ተቀምጫለሁ። በዚያን ጊዜ በመካነ ኢየሱስ በዋናው ቤተክርስትያንና በሽሮ ሜዳ ባለው  ቤተክርስትያን እገለገል ነበር። ጌታ ይባርክ!!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:09 PM

Anthony, Southwest MO, USA. I will be 25 this summer, working in IT 5+ years for a small business providing network service/support for other local businesses/banks. The next couple years are optimistically open and uncertain as I wait for my girlfriend to finish college, in which we can hopefully map out the next steps of life together. Although there are other possibilities on our list, Logos has definitely been on the map for possible career moves...Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

I am still a newbie to Logos though I've owned it a little over a year; my inconsistency to study reflects with my spiritual walk, I'm sure common to many. Hopefully as I continue to grow and mature I will be blessed through the many avenues this software makes available! Glad to be a part of this community, it is both helpful and enjoyable. Smile

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 5:35 AM

Anthony Ramsey:
my inconsistency to study reflects with my spiritual walk, I'm sure common to many.

Your honest is refreshing.

Anthony Ramsey:
Hopefully as I continue to grow and mature I will be blessed through the many avenues this software makes available!

Yes, continue to grow and increase in your passion to know the Lord. This is my prayer for myself that I may grow closer to Jesus each day.

Anthony Ramsey:
Glad to be a part of this community, it is both helpful and enjoyable. Smile

It is good to have you here and I hope you become a regular contributor. There is so much to learn here about how to maximize the potential of using Logos.

Blessings Anthony!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 5:49 AM

I live in Atlanta, Ga. Originally, I'm from East Tn. I love the forums, because rarely a day goes by that I do not learn something or receive something from the forums. It amazes me that as long as I have been using Logos now (still a short time compared to most on here), I still find useful shortcuts and new ways of doing things faster. In the beginning, I asked a ton of questions. Thanks to everyone who helped me learn. I'm hoping to transition to a useful knowledgeable person who can help newer people learn to use the software. 

I love interacting with brothers and sisters from all over the world. And while I love to talk about the software, I'm hoping that I will get involved in a Faithlife group and have the same level of interaction but with a focus on theology and the Bible itself. I've just joined a group going through Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek and I'm very excited about it. 

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, so I'm trying to trust God and take each day one step at a time. I've been in ministry for 20 years now. I pastor a church and am finishing a doctorate in preaching. I'm hoping to teach in some capacity some day, but I'm trusting the Lord to use me as he desires. 

I read the thread so I know that Tes said to just give location, but after reading everyone's personal information... "Monkey see, Monkey do." Smile

God bless you all

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:47 AM

hi Tes

ሽሮ ሜዳ ባለው  እንጠጦ መካነ ኢየሱስ ቤተክርስትያን ለ 4 አመታት አገልግያለሁ በ2006 በDV ምክንያት ወደ አሜሪካ መጣን! ጸልይልን. ጌታ ይባርክህ!!!!

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 11:27 AM

After 35 years in Alaska my wife and I moved here to Bellingham, WA, about ten years ago. No I am not associated with Logos other than being a happy user of their products. I do have the privilege of knowing a few of the Logos people though and that has been a blessing to me. I browse the forums quite a bit and am able to learn a lot that way.

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:28 PM

Earl Sheneman:

After 35 years in Alaska my wife and I moved here to Bellingham, WA, about ten years ago. No I am not associated with Logos other than being a happy user of their products. I do have the privilege of knowing a few of the Logos people though and that has been a blessing to me. I browse the forums quite a bit and am able to learn a lot that way.

Bellingham WA, that's where Logos is based correct? Seems like a beautiful town through internet pictures. I thought I read somewhere there is a yearly (?) run into a freezing cold lake? or ocean? Have you ever done that? 

I am the worst fan of cold weather unfortunately. 

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 28 2014 5:56 PM

Anthony Ramsey:

Earl Sheneman:

Bellingham WA, that's where Logos is based correct? Seems like a beautiful town through internet pictures. I thought I read somewhere there is a yearly (?) run into a freezing cold lake? or ocean? Have you ever done that? 

I am the worst fan of cold weather unfortunately. 

Yes Logos is in downtown Bellingham and it is a beautiful area. I have heard about the run but don't really know much about it. We had enough cold in Alaska so I don't think I will be doing the run into freezing water anytime soon. Smile

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 7:04 AM

[quote user="Fasil"]

hi Tes

ሽሮ ሜዳ ባለው  እንጠጦ መካነ ኢየሱስ ቤተክርስትያን ለ 4 አመታት አገልግያለሁ በ2006 በDV ምክንያት ወደ አሜሪካ መጣን! ጸልይልን. ጌታ ይባርክህ!!!!

[/quote]

Hi Pastor Fasil, 

I was prayed for my journey to Germany and especially I had a nice time with brother Tilaye.After some time I tried to call him,but if I corrrectly remember I was told that he traveled to France. What a nice time it was! May God continue to bless all the Ministers of God.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 7:49 AM

For 4 years Tilaye was my classmate in Mekane Yesus Seminary and later a minister in Entoto M Y Congregation. I know him well. By the way, were you able to convert the Amharic pdf Bible to  word doc to fit it into Logos personal Books? please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 7:54 AM

[quote user="Fasil"]

Hi Tes

From 1991 - 1995  Tilaye was my classmate in Mekane Yesus Seminary. I know him well. By the way, were you able to convert the Amharic pdf Bible to  word doc to fit it to logos personal Books? please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

[/quote]

No, I asked someone on the forum to try it, but he hasn't responded yet.

Do you know where Tilaye is currently?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:59 AM

I guess he's in Addis Ababa.

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:21 PM

Fasil:

I guess he's in Addis Ababa.

I hope is doing good.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 11:54 AM

Tes:
Before 1997 I lived in Seligenstadt kreis Offenbach.

Hey - do you know Café Gruber? (Aschaffenburger Str. 37, 63500 Seligenstadt)

I went there from time to time to drink and buy Colombian Coffee (I lived there some years), that really tasted Colombian (all the other sold in "supermarkets" were disappointing). I am not 100% sure but think that Gruber sell also fresh grounded Ethiopian Coffee. You are from Ethiopia, aren't you? 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:48 PM

Peace, Tes!              You started this great thread a couple of years ago; and it's become truly a great thread for many reasons ....

For the many Logos Software users who are fairly new to Logos 5, I thought I'd mention another "old thread" - in case any were interested ...   in taking a little "peep"

*smile*

I remember fondly enjoying that thread very much also, eh?!          *smile*

Here it is:    "Where Do You Live?"  "What Country Are You From???"

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/62220/440108.aspx

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2911
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:59 PM

L.A.:

Tes:
Before 1997 I lived in Seligenstadt kreis Offenbach.

Hey - do you know Café Gruber? (Aschaffenburger Str. 37, 63500 Seligenstadt)

I went there from time to time to drink and buy Colombian Coffee (I lived there some years), that really tasted Colombian (all the other sold in "supermarkets" were disappointing). I am not 100% sure but think that Gruber sell also fresh grounded Ethiopian Coffee. You are from Ethiopia, aren't you? 

Hi L.A. I know Aschaffenburger Str. very well.I lived in Bahnhof strasse it is some mtrs.away,but I don't remember the Coffee shop, I don't drink coffee it could be perhaps the very reason that I couldn't remember it.

I am from Eritrea. But, it makes no difference in my mind whether I am from Ethiopia or Eritrea.Before I have come to Deutschland all I knew was about Ethiopia, Let God bring peace to these countries to live in a mutually way.

I consider Seligenstadt as my native country. I Love it very much I go almost one time a year.When I was in Seligenstadt I used to go to Nazarener gemeinde seligenstadt, currently I live in Schwanheim in Frankfurt am Main.Where are you living currently.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 4:34 PM

Tes:
I don't drink coffee

Coffee Me neither before living in Colombia Smile - climate, soil (volcano), 1400-2000m region in the Andean Mountains, roasted beans not burned, give an almost sweet chocolate-like flavor (depending...) The Brazilian Coffee is heavy roasted with a quite strong flavor and less caffeine.... ...not yet accustomed to... ...but nice too... :-))) Coffee

Tes:
I am from Eritrea. But, it makes no difference in my mind...
However, I apologize, pardon me!!

Tes:
When I was in Seligenstadt I used to go to Nazarener gemeinde
I know the Hanau Nazarenes. ...got married in the BadCannstadt(Stuttgart)-International Nazerene Church. Having spiritually a lutheran heart, I feel interdenominational - now working in an baptist context. 

Tes:
Where are you living currently.
Northeastern Brazil, Paraiba --> Sertão (semi-arid, hot climate - the unknown and unloved part of Brazil - but we love it Smile )

Page 18 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS