Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33780
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:08 PM

Have any of you used RefTagger successfully on a Word Press blog? I have installed the plug in.  Then searched for further information that might make it work. The footer code for a bbPress site didn't do the trick. It is probably something small and obvious I'm missing. Yes, I'll keep looking.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:12 PM

I've got it up and running on a few WordPress sites without any trouble, just putting the JavaScript at the end of my page. Go to http://www.seektheholy.com/ and view the source, you will see it there at the bottom.

Posts 33780
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:16 PM

Thanks. I knew if I posted my problem, I'd be appropriately embarrassed when I found the answer.  Yes, it helps to put the code in the template you are actually using instead of the default. EmbarrassedConfused

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:05 PM

We also have a WordPress plugin that lets you configure RefTagger without touching any code or templates.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/reftagger/

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:21 AM

The plugin has worked for me.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 11:41 PM

The plugin available from the Dashboard from the Dashboard works on my More Than Cake WP blog and several others I have designed for clients.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 33780
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 12:04 AM

But you know - you still have to apply the plugin in the right template on the right site ... which is where I failed.

Posts 234
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:59 AM

What should I do in this situation? Do I have to upgrade/move from "wordpess.com to .org?"

Help! :)

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:28 AM

Joel Madasu:
What should I do in this situation? Do I have to upgrade/move from "wordpess.com to .org?"

I've never hosted a blog through wordpress.com, just used the software on private domains. But I believe you have a bit of flexibility with your blog template. You should be able to manually add the RefTagger code to your template and have it work that way rather than bothering with the plugin.

Posts 234
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:38 AM

Thank you for your response, Mr. Chris! :)

I will try and do that.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS