NASB 2020 Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 7 2021 6:42 AM

Nice to see that the NASB 2020 RI has arrived with the launch of 9.6. I'm enjoying comparing it to other versions!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 575
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 7:08 AM

OKay, so what does it mean for me that I don't see the Reverse Interlinear option? is that an extra upgrade on top of NASB 2020?

Posts 5600
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 7:30 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
is that an extra upgrade on top of NASB 2020?

Yes.

Posts 8480
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 7:55 AM

I really don’t need it now so I’ll wait for it to get included in a base package sometime in the future (maybe next year?). L10 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 8:02 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:

OKay, so what does it mean for me that I don't see the Reverse Interlinear option? is that an extra upgrade on top of NASB 2020?

Yes, Here is a link - https://www.logos.com/product/209909/the-new-american-standard-bible-2020-update-nasb-reverse-interlinear

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 8:31 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
so what does it mean for me that I don't see the Reverse Interlinear option?

It means that you don't have a Faithlife Connect subscription. It is apparently still in pre-order for everyone else (to purchase). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 49
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 9:36 AM

So would this be an indicator that it will be released very soon to those who aren't Faith Connect subscribers? I preordered mine soon after it was available for order.

Posts 8480
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 9:37 AM

JT (alabama24):

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
so what does it mean for me that I don't see the Reverse Interlinear option?

It means that you don't have a Faithlife Connect subscription. It is apparently still in pre-order for everyone else (to purchase). 

I’m a FL Connect Subscriber and the only thing I saw over the weekend was some Strong’s numbers but no RI, not even in the RI section nor the visual filter’s section.  I may have to run another update.

DAL

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 9:44 AM

DAL:
the only thing I saw over the weekend

It updated yesterday

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 9:49 AM

Ryan:
So would this be an indicator that it will be released very soon to those who aren't Faith Connect subscribers?

I don't think there is any good way to answer that. There is no reason to assume it will or won't drop soon. There is no promises to FC subscribers that they will have early access for a length of time. On the other hand, FL does want to promote the subscription and this is one of those things that could cause some to do so. 

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 9:51 AM

JT (alabama24):
FL does want to promote the subscription and this is one of those things that could cause some to do so

YesYes Adding value to the Connect subscription model

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 10:52 AM

David Thomas:

JT (alabama24):
FL does want to promote the subscription and this is one of those things that could cause some to do so

YesYes Adding value to the Connect subscription model

Yes indeed!

Posts 8480
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 5:11 PM

David Thomas:

DAL:
the only thing I saw over the weekend

It updated yesterday

Thanks!

Posts 49
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2021 5:38 AM

I'm not a Faithlife Connect subscriber but I checked my NASB2020 today and I see the Factbook button along with the RI.

Posts 8480
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2021 6:02 AM

Mine is in there now 👍

Posts 255
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 10:40 AM

What subscription are you referring to? Does FL require something other than having a logos subscription? Is it free? 

Personally, I have been on the list for the RI since early June. I waited about 6 months to get the basic 2020 translation. Does that mean I have to wait another 2 months for the RI? Why do they take so long? I would've imagined that a a translation takes top priority over books, etc. 

Do you have any secret information as to when the RI will come out for the NAS20? 

PS I can't imagine how long will Logos take to release the LSB (Legacy Standard Bible). Uff! 

Posts 255
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 10:42 AM

What was updated yesterday? We are in October and the RI for the NASB 2020 has not been updated yet. 

What are you referring to? 

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 12:36 PM

Joseph Luna:

What subscription are you referring to? Does FL require something other than having a logos subscription? Is it free?

For clarification: Logos has a few subscription services. As the term implies, there is a cost involved. The subscription to which we refer is a “Faithlife Connect” subscription. In essence, you pay to gain features. The RI for the NASB 2020 appears to be included. 

Posts 255
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 12:53 PM

So, how long do "regular customers" that are paying for the RI update ($29.95) will have to wait for it?    

Sounds to me like a "punishment" for not belonging to the "inner club." 

Posts 33764
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 2:40 PM

Joseph Luna:
Sounds to me like a "punishment" for not belonging to the "inner club." 

In this case I guess I'm in the "outer club" ... there is only one resource that I had a preview of for beta testing. Believe me that it is not easy to beta test resources so please join me in thanking those who do have a beta resource. You rarely know who they are because they rarely mention it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS