Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 14 2021 3:44 PM

8306.VerbumIndexer6_14.zip

Application froze when I tried to expand the resource search results. I had expanded and collapsed several preceding resources before the freeze. By freeze I mean no response to any input and no completion of the current command.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3651
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 3:48 PM

MJ,

Can you replicate your search query and paste it here. I want to make sure I'm searching for the same thing.

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 4:11 PM

(HeadingText:Outline ANDNOT {Label Bible Outline}) OR (LargeText:Outline ANDNOT {Label Bible Outline})

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5579
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 5:32 PM

MJ. Smith:

(HeadingText:Outline ANDNOT {Label Bible Outline}) OR (LargeText:Outline ANDNOT {Label Bible Outline})

Copying and pasting this search gets me a different (larger) number of results for the resource that you ran into the problem with.

Posts 3651
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 2:14 PM

MJ,

Are you able to reproduce this? I cannot and It think we are going to need a proc dump. You get this by running Task Manager and then right-clicking on the option to create a dump file.

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 2:20 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Are you able to reproduce this?

I can fairly consistently create the problem of the search going into a loop rather than loading the results. I can't recreate the problem where those same actions completely freeze Logos. I'll try to get the dump sometime this evening.

Posts 3651
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 8:55 AM

MJ. Smith:

Philana R. Crouch:
Are you able to reproduce this?

I can fairly consistently create the problem of the search going into a loop rather than loading the results. I can't recreate the problem where those same actions completely freeze Logos. I'll try to get the dump sometime this evening.

Hi MJ,

Have you been able to get a proc dump?

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 2:16 PM

Not yet - I've been a bit distracted

Posts 465
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 10:37 AM

MJ, since we haven't been able to repro, I'm wondering: Have you created your own labels of class "Bible Outline"?

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:24 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
Have you created your own labels of class "Bible Outline"?

Yes, I have. What I am doing is:

1. Using a search to find outlines that are not labeled - many pages of results
  2. Picking up where I left off and adding outline labels which also has the effect of removing them from the search results
  3. When a resource spans a search results page break, I click for the next page
    • when there are only a few results for the resource, this can work fine
    • more often, it results in the next page going into an endless looping state - this I can recreate when I have appropriate data. I can close the search, rerun it and be back in business
    • sometimes, instead of of just giving me endless loading images, it freezes the application - I have to use Task Manager to kill and restart the application. I have not been able to track down the cause of the freeze but the resource use in Task Master shows disk and memory use as constants.

Posts 3651
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2021 4:06 PM

This has been fixed in 9.7 RC 1.

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2021 5:43 PM

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS