Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 751
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 5 2021 8:56 AM

Is there a way to determine what features a specific bible has or to compare features in different translations. I have been using ESV for some time now. I am considering switching to CSB and I am wondering how the features in Logos for these two translations differ. Will I lose any functionality if I change to CSB?

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 9:06 AM

Michael Kinch:
Is there a way to determine what features a specific bible has

What "features" do you mean? The only thing I can think of is having a "reverse interlinear." The answer to that question is "yes," but you would need to own it (or have a FC subscription) to use it. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 751
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 9:49 AM

JT (alabama24):

Michael Kinch:

What "features" do you mean? The only thing I can think of is having a "reverse interlinear." The answer to that question is "yes," but you would need to own it (or have a FC subscription) to use it. 

Thanks JT. Yes I am thinking of Interlinear mostly. Also visual filters. I am thinking both versions have the same features but want to confirm it.

Posts 5905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 10:00 AM

Michael Kinch:

JT (alabama24):

Michael Kinch:

Thanks JT. Yes I am thinking of Interlinear mostly. Also visual filters. I am thinking both versions have the same features but want to confirm it.

Michael one way to check is to go to this page Search Results | Logos Bible Software and check to see whether there is listed a Reverse Interlinear for the Bible you are interested in switching too and you will also be able to determine if you own it. 

Posts 751
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 10:15 AM

DIsciple II:

Michael one way to check is to go to this page Search Results | Logos Bible Software and check to see whether there is listed a Reverse Interlinear for the Bible you are interested in switching too and you will also be able to determine if you own it. 

Thankyou.  Very helpful.

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 11:51 AM

Michael Kinch:
I am considering switching to CSB and I am wondering how the features in Logos for these two translations differ. Will I lose any functionality if I change to CSB?
Provided you own or rent the RI feature the functionality is identical. I'm curious; what is motivating your decision to switch your preferred Bible to the CSB?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 751
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 12:23 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

I'm curious; what is motivating your decision to switch your preferred Bible to the CSB?

Thanks Beloved. I have used the HCSB for some time off and on. CSB is really an update to the HCSB. I like the translation and the translation theory behind it. I think just as a change it is good to work with different translations. I may not keep it as a prioritized Bible for the long term but will probably work with it for a while and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS