Help ... I have forgotten how to define a list

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33855
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 18 2021 2:57 AM

Yup, my memory has failed. In the Highlighting Tool when I use the Labeling feature and I add an attribute with the data type set to "List", how do I define the list. I'm feeling lazy since I can't find any documentation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 162
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2021 6:54 AM

MJ. Smith:

Yup, my memory has failed. In the Highlighting Tool when I use the Labeling feature and I add an attribute with the data type set to "List", how do I define the list. I'm feeling lazy since I can't find any documentation.

Use the semicolon to separate the list values.

Bob

Posts 162
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2021 7:37 AM

There are also several bugs I've found with labels and lists. 

1. The lists are not ordered in the order you create the list.
  2. On a re-edit, you cannot get back to your original list values.  It brings up Logos' list of values based on what you typed.

Bob

Posts 33855
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 2:17 AM

Bob:
The lists are not ordered in the order you create the list.

This I was aware of - FL lacks the standard I was forced to follow ... always implement with a fixed order that can be predicted.

Bob:
On a re-edit, you cannot get back to your original list values.  It brings up Logos' list of values based on what you typed.

This I hadn't noticed ... I'll wait to tomorrow to try it and get annoyed. Thanks for the bug reports.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS