Logos 9.9 Beta 2 (9.9.0.0007)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3699
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 19 2021 12:07 PM

To change Logos 9 to the beta channel, enter the command Set update channel to beta in the Go Box. (Please see beta warnings and risks.)

To immediately update Logos 9 (if it is already set to beta channel), enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Posts 283
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 1:28 PM

Has it been released for Verbum/Mac? Still no update here, I am on beta 1...

Posts 3699
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 1:51 PM

Pater Noster:
Has it been released for Verbum/Mac? Still no update here, I am on beta 1...

It should be available now.

Posts 1158
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:04 PM

I hoped that the formatting errors when pasting text from resources into notes would have been fixed.

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:48 PM

Same! Can we jump this fix into hyperdrive and get it churned out this week?

Posts 33763
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 10:56 PM

Development is on a six week schedule - very predictable except for occasional hiccups around holidays. so we are 3-4 weeks from the release of the next update unless there is an emergency release. If I am a typical user, then the typical user always wants the bugs that fall within their workflow be fixed first. Fortunately, FL has a more neutral view.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 5:44 AM

This particular but takes some time from those of us who paste text from other sources into notes and I hope it will be fixed quickly. What are the major differences in the current STABLE release and the BETA? I might need to go back to the STABLE if this is not an issue there.

BTW....what's the best way to do that - download that release manually and then install?

Posts 25333
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 7:19 AM

Jackie Watts:
What are the major differences in the current STABLE release and the BETA?

The changes in the beta releases are identied in the release notes linked to in the first post of this thread

Jackie Watts:

I might need to go back to the STABLE if this is not an issue there.

BTW....what's the best way to do that - download that release manually and then install?

If you are currently on the beta channel - are you - then to go back to a previous stable version requires completely deleting Logos from your system and reinstalling the stable version and downloading your resources again. This is outlined at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/52967.aspx 

I wouldn't expect any difference between the stable and beta releases in this particular regard.

Posts 2812
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 9:11 AM

Armin:

I hoped that the formatting errors when pasting text from resources into notes would have been fixed.

I believe this just got fixed yesterday, and should show up in an upcoming beta.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1158
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 9:29 AM

Andrew Batishko:

Armin:

I believe this just got fixed yesterday, and should show up in an upcoming beta.

Great. Thanks for the update. Hopefully all back to normal next week.

Posts 33763
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 1:47 PM

Armin:
Thanks for the update. Hopefully all back to normal next week.

Only if one is on the beta ... it should be expected in the standard version 9.9 or 9.10 in the normal 6 week cycle.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2812
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 2:16 PM

MJ. Smith:
Only if one is on the beta ... it should be expected in the standard version 9.9 or 9.10 in the normal 6 week cycle.

I believe this bug was introduced in 9.9 Beta 1, so no one on stable is experiencing it.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS