NIV Grace and Truth Study bible

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 271
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:11 AM

Why is the ebook or Logos book missing subtitles? Genesis 1 should show The Beginning above chapter 1 and chapter 3 should be titled The Fall and so on.

I found the Grace and Truth website and you can download Genesis. I am looking at that and the Logos version and it is really totally different.

I thought this was going to point me to Grace throughout the bible. I understand Logos just does notes and not the bible itself. Can someone from Faithlife explain why it is so different? I am not asking for a refund. I will just keep it to add to my collection.

Faithlife study bible has subtitles above each chapter. I thought the NIV Grace and Truth was going to be like the Spirit-Filled Study Bible but point to Grace and Truth. So am I missing something or have something in Logos disabled? 

Posts 2197
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:30 AM

The NIV Grace and Truth Study Bible in Logos is just the notes portion.  The product description points that out.   Does the NIV Bible in your library not have the subtitles with the chapters?   

Posts 271
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:36 AM

yes it is missing. Hard to read all blended together. Here is Mark 

Posts 271
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:41 AM

Here is what the faithlife study bible looks like they have it broken up with subtitles  Like John the Baptist etc.

Posts 2197
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 5:30 AM

FLSB has notes on individual verses.   The NIV Grace and Truth study Bible has them on blocks of Scripture.  I do not find it hard to read at all.  

the heading of John the Baptist in FLSB is an article that it links to, not a heading.  

I guess what one person likes another does not like. 

Posts 271
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 9:07 AM

The pdf of Grace and Truth of Genesis has subtitles then again it also has the bible. I just wonder why they were missing because my other two Faithlife and Spirit-Filled has them. If they had a preview I more than likely would have not paid $20 for it.

I am not saying it is bad and I am keeping it. I just never seen a study bible. I still don't see the grace of it also. It just seems like a normal commentary type-bible.

The best study bible I have is the Spirit-Filled one. I didn't even know I had it in Logos until a couple of days ago and I had the software for a long time. It has overtaken the Faithlife one in my heart. LOL. NIV is kind of old school. When I was 13 and just got saved I got or was given an NIV student bible. I tore it up it has been highlighted all over. I had no color system at the time so no idea what God taught me. So when I saw G&T I was thinking of that.

Posts 817
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 12:45 PM

Randall Lind:

The best study bible I have is the Spirit-Filled one. I didn't even know I had it in Logos until a couple of days ago and I had the software for a long time. It has overtaken the Faithlife one in my heart. LOL. 

Randall what is it about the Spirit-filled Bible that you like?

Posts 271
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 5:30 PM

I like the KINGDOM DYNAMICS and WORD WEALTH. I also like the TRUTH-IN-ACTON box at the end of each book.

Example John 3:16

WORD WEALTH
3:16 loved, agapao (ag-ah-pah-oh); Strong’s #25: Unconditional love, love by choice and by an act of the will. The word denotes unconquerable benevolence and undefeatable goodwill. Agapao will never seek anything but the highest good for fellow mankind. Agapao (the verb) and agape (the noun) are the words for God’s unconditional love. It does not need a chemistry, an affinity, or a feeling. Agapao is a word that exclusively belongs to the Christian community. It is a love virtually unknown to writers outside the NT.

it explains what love Jesus talking about. I think that is awesome. I am still trying to figure out Truth in action however this study bible is so rich I can get lost in it. LOL 

Posts 817
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2021 7:02 PM

Randall Lind:

I like the KINGDOM DYNAMICS and WORD WEALTH. I also like the TRUTH-IN-ACTON box at the end of each book.

Example John 3:16

WORD WEALTH
3:16 loved, agapao (ag-ah-pah-oh); Strong’s #25: Unconditional love, love by choice and by an act of the will. The word denotes unconquerable benevolence and undefeatable goodwill. Agapao will never seek anything but the highest good for fellow mankind. Agapao (the verb) and agape (the noun) are the words for God’s unconditional love. It does not need a chemistry, an affinity, or a feeling. Agapao is a word that exclusively belongs to the Christian community. It is a love virtually unknown to writers outside the NT.

it explains what love Jesus talking about. I think that is awesome. I am still trying to figure out Truth in action however this study bible is so rich I can get lost in it. LOL 

Awesome. Thanks Randall. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS