Time for Another Breakup?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 7:04 AM

Mark Barnes:

There's an interesting but very brief quote from Bob on this video which basically says that collections are an important part of what makes Logos attractive to publishers, because it helps them get revenue on books that otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell.

Maybe if publishers wouldn't publish books that people didn't want they wouldn't have this problem Stick out tongue

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 7:27 AM

Mark Barnes:

There's an interesting but very brief quote from Bob on this video which basically says that collections are an important part of what makes Logos attractive to publishers, because it helps them get revenue on books that otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell.

Incidentally the quote in question begins at 4:17 in the video.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:03 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:

Mark Barnes:

Maybe if publishers wouldn't publish books that people didn't want they wouldn't have this problem Stick out tongue

Yes

Posts 285
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:19 AM

I could never afford the entire Anchor Bible series or even the whole OT or NT.  But I could easily see spending a couple hundred dollars on the volumes I want.

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:54 AM

Deborah Mickens:

We are currently in the process of splitting up collections that we sell and it is quite a detailed process! A list has been compiled of the collections to split and we are working through the list which contains over 170 different collections.  Be assured that if you are waiting for a collection to be split, it will most likely be available down the road.

Thanks, Deborah. Good news. If I could make one more request, could Logos please identify a method of communicating (as in "announcing") when individual resources from a collection are available? One that works well for Logos (and your sales department) and is both timely and somewhat obvious for us. I know that Phil used to post announcements in the old news groups when a collection had been broken apart. Maybe something similar here or a page on the Wiki or something. It seems like your new ebooks that aren't a result of the pre-pub process can too easily fly under the radar and that benefits neither Logos or those of us patiently waiting (for the most part) to add those books to our library and reward your team's hard, detailed work with a purchase (or three).

Thanks again and enjoy the day!

Steve R.

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 12:13 PM

Mark Barnes:
which basically says that collections are an important part of what makes Logos attractive to publishers,

In the same turn, it makes Logos unattractive to the consumer. I have bought more than a few books from competitors and their software simply because a $40- $200 resource was not available as a stand alone product from Logos. It may have been part of a bundle that would have cost many times more than the price of the single resource, but I just cannot see paying that much just to get one or two resources plus numerous others that I have no interest in.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 10
Bill Street | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 8:54 PM

Alex and Todd...I agree.  Even though I have these in print, I'd get them in to be able to copy and paste from Adams.  Would hopefully speed up and enrich D. Min. work.

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 9:36 PM

Stephen's right - that is an excellent little book (going back to when it was the Lion Book of Christian Thought).  I'd buy it, too!

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:11 AM

Deborah Mickens:
Currently we are the process of deciding which collections can be split and made available for purchase individually. We are looking forward to making more volumes available for personal libraries. Thank you for the interest that you have in this and new resources are being made available on a regular basis, so keep checking the product page for new resources!

THANKS to everyone at Logos for making this happen and for announcing it with a recent blog post. I'm looking forward to picking-up about a dozen books from recently split collections and many more in the future.

Steve R.

Posts 39
Peter Banks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 9:17 AM

Alan:

Looks like some of the NICNT from Eerdmans is already begining to be roken up as prepub products.

http://www.logos.com/prepub

I am really happy about that as currently coming up the  7 million dollars for the full set is a little out of my budget range.

baldego

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 9:30 AM

Peter Banks:

Alan:

Looks like some of the NICNT from Eerdmans is already begining to be roken up as prepub products.

http://www.logos.com/prepub

I am really happy about that as currently coming up the  7 million dollars for the full set is a little out of my budget range.

baldego

Those are the older volumes that have been replaced by newer volumes in the current set.

I ordered the one by Morris, but passed on the other older works.

At least the price is right.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS