Tyndale Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:38 PM

I just bought this set but when I right-click it in my library, there is no option to "Prioritize this series." I can do it for each resource, but I want to do it for the series. That way, there is only one line taken up and not 49 as there would be if I did each volume individually.

I found this thread, but it does not help.

Any ideas here?

Thanks!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:40 PM

I suspect you'll need to wait for the metadata to update. Have you restarted after doing update resources?

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:43 PM

Yes, I have done an "update resources" and then restarted, but no change.

Sad

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:43 PM

I get the option with a right click.

As Mark Barnes pointed out the metadata was not correct on the CD. It might take an open and close to get that updated.

Also, if you haven't updated these resources you might try issuing and Update Now through the command box.

Edit: See you tried the latter. It is most likely a metadata issue. I believe Logos pushes those out periodically. You may have to wait until the next push.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:47 PM

I did get them on CD, but called CS to activate over the phone with the serial number. So the CD versions were never on my computer.

I have done the update now and update resources thing a few times with no change.

Not trying to be difficult... Smile

Jerry

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:48 PM

If I either deleted the files manually, or used the hide function... would that possibly force a re-download of them?

Jerry

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 2:07 PM

I did that to just one volume. It still came back with nothing in the "series" column in the library. Thus, no option to prioritize the series.

Logos - can you chime in?

Jerry

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 3:00 PM

Hi Jerry,

I also have the Tyndale set in L4.  I don't see the option to "prioritize this series" with the Tyndale, and I have had this set for a few weeks now.  As others have said, hopefully Logos will provide an update that will correct this.

David

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 4:53 PM

As I mentioned it is 'fixed' but I don't know what you need to do to get the metadata corrections. Here's what I have:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 5:05 PM

Mark A. Smith:
As I mentioned it is 'fixed' but I don't know what you need to do to get the metadata corrections

Interesting. I'm sure I downloaded the Tyndale set file from Logos and not transfer the file(s) from the CD.  Do you recall doing anything to get the Tyndale set into your Library (other than re-start Logos)?

David

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 5:16 PM

David Bailey:
Do you recall doing anything to get the Tyndale set into your Library (other than re-start Logos)?

No. I do know that many of us waited for some metadata corrections and as I recall not all of us got them at the same time.

My current log file shows errors trying to connect to the Logos server when trying to find metadata updates. It indicates there was no server to communicate with. That was yesterday. Logos 4 has not tried to update metadata today as far as I can tell from my log files. I suppose it is possible there is a server problem.

You might enable diagnostic logging and check the Logos4.log file in a few hours to see what references there are to metadata. (I use CRTL-F to open the find box in Notepad which is my default viewer for the log file.) See http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Loggingif you don't know how to enable diagnostic logging.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 5:39 PM

Mark A. Smith:
You might enable diagnostic logging and check the Logos4.log file in a few hours to see what references there are to metadata. (I use CRTL-F to open the find box in Notepad which is my default viewer for the log file.) See http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Loggingif you don't know how to enable diagnostic logging.

Great.  I've got diagnostic turned on permanently.  I'll check the log later today or tomorrow.

David

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:45 AM

Metadata is pushed separately from the resources, so that metadata can be updated without needed to re-update the whole resource. Therefore I'm fairly confident that hiding/showing the resource won't solve the problem (in fact, it may make it worse by making it take longer to get the metadata). Unfortunately, like the other Mark, I don't know how to force a metadata update. Looking through my Logos logs, it looks like an update is supposed to occur on startup, and every six hours after that. But it looks in my logs that I have a metadata update that failed to download (the penultimate line in the logs below). Do you have a similar line in your logs?

2010-07-27 21:43:46.5777    10    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Requesting all metadata newer than '2010-07-23T23:29:17Z'.
2010-07-27 21:43:47.7408    10    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    1 metadata info objects retrieved from service.
2010-07-27 21:43:47.8268    10    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Database updated with 1 metadata info records.
2010-07-27 21:43:47.8268    10    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Checking metadata status against the library catalog.
2010-07-27 21:43:47.9018    4    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Downloading missing metadata for 1 resources.
2010-07-27 21:43:48.4739    4    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Downloaded metadata for 0 resources.
2010-07-27 21:43:48.5089    13    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Checking for resource metadata updates in 06:00:00.

Posts 32
Jonathan Mackwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:12 AM

Hi All, just noticed this thread. We had the same problem when the Tyndale Commentaries first came to Logos4. He is the thread for how to fix the problem with metadata http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9971/78919.aspx#78919

The gist is to delete the metadata database so a new one is created!

Shalom, Jonty

My website: http://www.mackwell.co.nr/ the website of the missionary organization: http://www.wec-int.org/cms/ 

Posts 26002
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:51 AM

Mark Barnes:
2010-07-27 21:43:47.9018    4    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Downloading missing metadata for 1 resources.

2010-07-27 21:43:48.4739    4    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Downloaded metadata for 0 resources.
2010-07-27 21:43:48.5089    13    Info    ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient    Checking for resource metadata updates in 06:00:00.

That is obviously not an important "miss" when it will try again in 6 hours.

Mark Barnes:
Therefore I'm fairly confident that hiding/showing the resource won't solve the problem (in fact, it may make it worse by making it take longer to get the metadata). Unfortunately, like the other Mark, I don't know how to force a metadata update.

We're not getting anywhere with this similar issue http://community.logos.com/forums/t/20410.aspx?PageIndex=1 and it appears that Melissa's suggestion to update the metadata.db also failed.

Since other users have no problems with Tyndale (and assuming Use Internet = YES) this has to be resource related.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:29 AM

Dave Hooton:

Yes, except that the error repeats after the six hour period. Moreover, the download does occur, despite the message. In my case it seems that Logos is not understanding the metadata update. If Jerry's logs same something similar, that could explain the problem with Tyndale in this case.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:33 AM

Jonty:
The gist is to delete the metadata database so a new one is created!

Hello Jonty,

I did exactly that and then I was able to prioritize the Tyndale series in L4.  Thanks for sharing the tip - it worked for me.

Jerry, try removing your Metadata.db file and re-launch L4.  See if that works.

Peace,

David

Posts 734
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:01 AM

This is strange...

I wrote a message earlier this morning thanking everyone for the tips and that deleting the Metadata.db file worked perfectly. I also wrote something somewhat unlresated about WinXP vs. Win7.

I saw the message posted on the forum, and then when I came back later, it was gone.

So... thanks to everyone who helped. I really appreciate it!

Jerry

Posts 26002
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:24 AM

Mark Barnes:

Dave Hooton:

Yes, except that the error repeats after the six hour period. Moreover, the download does occur, despite the message. In my case it seems that Logos is not understanding the metadata update. If Jerry's logs same something similar, that could explain the problem with Tyndale in this case.

Yes, I saw your bug report.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS