New wiki pageon Prayer List and related features

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27601
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:35 AM

http://wiki.logos.com/Prayer_List

is now officially completed. Please read it and offer suggestions. A free emoticon cup of coffee for the person recognizing where I am being a smart-aleck.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 6:15 AM

Thanks.

The feature seems to be very well done - I didn't know about it.

And your wiki page is impressive.

Could you please also change the forum topic's title to "New wiki page (Prayer_List)" or something like that?  I guess it will be more searchable then.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 27601
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:00 AM

Locksmythe:
Possibly?

look for a burn unit patientWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:14 PM

MJ. Smith:
is now officially completed. Please read it and offer suggestions.

Would you please change this on the TOC to New, thanks. 

Great page!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:32 PM

Poor Jack!Crying

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:36 PM

Good Wiki MJ,

I can definitely see how teaching just war theory solves the world peace problem.  YesWink

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:44 AM

MJ. Smith:

is now officially completed. Please read it and offer suggestions. A free emoticon cup of coffee for the person recognizing where I am being a smart-aleck.

Thanks...looks good.  I'm a non-liturgical Protestant, but often find help and direction in prayer from liturgical sources, so thanks for including that.

Question:  Where do I go to request that pop-ups contain more of the text from the reference, and/or have a scroll bar?  I love this feature, but it is frustrating to have to open the whole Logos 4 layout or a whole new tab/book to look at what would be just a few more lines.

Esther

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:51 AM

Esther Jones:
Question:  Where do I go to request that pop-ups contain more of the text from the reference, and/or have a scroll bar?  I love this feature, but it is frustrating to have to open the whole Logos 4 layout or a whole new tab/book to look at what would be just a few more lines.

Esther,

I don't know of any way to expand the amount that is seen in the popups.  It is a hard coded limitation AFAIK.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 8:07 AM

Thomas Black:

Esther Jones:

Esther,

I don't know of any way to expand the amount that is seen in the popups.  It is a hard coded limitation AFAIK.

I understand that it is limited by code.  But do you mean that no one has requested that that code be altered somehow, to include all of the reference and a scroll bar?  If not, I'd gladly start one. I was thinking that someone might have already done that and I could just go to that thread and add my vote.Angel

Esther

Posts 27601
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:12 PM

Esther Jones:
If not, I'd gladly start one

Do start one. The modification to keep the window up long enough to read is rather new, I don't recall any request for a scroll bar but I agree it is needed.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:24 AM

MJ. Smith:

MJ great work on the page.  I confess I haven't been big into using Logos as a prayer tool but you have inspired me to rethink that with some of your ideas.  I also like the idea of the quote ticker.  I'm not a big fan of the home page but that is a good idea. 

I noticed a minor typo in the editing prayer lists seciton.  You left out the word not when describing affect of making a prayer answered so I added 'not' so it made sense and was consistent with where you had made this point elsewhere.  Hope you dont' mind me editing it, but thought it quickest to corret when it was just one word. You can see from the history where i made the change. (If it was a significant change that was required I would not jump in and change it but let you know about it )

One way of accessing the prayer list that I don't think you mentioned was placing it on the shortcut bar. Another approach I don't think you mentioned was creating a prayer or devotional layout and having the prayer list open as part of the layout.

Your prayer for health care professionals brought a smile to my face.... "Jack who has been hospitalized for burns suffered in a candle jumping accident". Poor  Jack will never learn, unlike Smart aleck who learns the first time...Wink

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:53 AM

I often thought that the prayer list could be used for Bible memory. If you use the subject for the reference and the note for the text, then shrink the pane down so that only the reference is showing, then you can practice the verse from memory and hover over the verse to check yourself out from the pop-up. This would also work, and perhaps better so, from the home screen. Just set the timing of the verse for the frequency with which you want to review it.

EDIT: Actually, a note file would probably be better. Just create a note for each day of the week. Then place the verse reference in each day you want to review it. As long as its a short enough verse/passage and your preferred translation is your memorized translation the pop up can help you review it.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 5:24 AM

Philip have you tried using either of these approaches for vocab memorization ?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 5:35 AM

Andrew McKenzie:

Philip have you tried using either of these approaches for vocab memorization ?

No, but I bet it could with notes, and possibly prayer lists if the subject line supports Greek and Hebrew text. If you want to use notes then type in the word, or cut and paste it from a resource, then turn it into a hyperlink to a resource with the definition you want to use. With L4 hovering over the word then brings up a pop up of the resource with its definition. At least, I see it working in theory. Though a dedicated Vocab tool would be ideal, and I imagine its coming down the pike.

Posts 27601
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:22 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
Hope you dont' mind me editing it, but thought it quickest to corret when it was just one word.

I appreciate that. Thanks,

And thanks for the additional ideas on ways to open - I will add them within the next few days.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS