Please provide a dropdown list of the available filters in the "Start with" box of collections tool

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 4 2010 7:34 AM

From the WIKI:

.Filterable fields you’ll notice things like title: and type: and you might be looking for the other fields you can use to filter your collection. The various fields can be found by opening your library, setting it to table view (click on “view” to alternate views) and right clicking on the columns’ headers. Most of these fields can be used to filter your collection. Some are not exact matches. For instance to filter by My Tags you must use mytags:. Below is a list of the fields and their corresponding search format. Image – Not usable Type – type: Title – title: Author – author: My Tags – mytag: Rating – rating: Abbreviated Title – abbrev: Alternate Title – alttitle: Tags – tag: Electronic Publication Date – epubdate: Languages – lang: Publication Date – pubdate: Publisher – publisher: Series – series: Subjects – subject:.
--Collections

I suggest a drop down list in the "start with" box in the collections tool.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:19 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18763
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:45 PM

Yes, stellar idea!

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:07 PM

How about a mockup?

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:10 PM

As of now, I've used up my last uservoice vote (only 10!?)

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/962781-please-provide-a-dropdown-list-of-the-available-fi

Check the Wiki

Posts 18763
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:33 PM

Thomas Black:

How about a mockup?

I might find that annoying to have it pop up all the time. Especially since not all rules need to have a filter at all (you can just type theology and it would find all books that have the word theology in their title or subject or tags or wherever), and they can have multiple filters. So how about a clickable blue word ("Filter") below the Rule line which would cause a menu to drop down from which you could select one of those items, and it would insert it into the rule wherever the insertion point was? I'm in the midst of installing Beta 5 right now so I can't do a screenshot and mockup, but I'm thinking it would look like the "All Passages" and other dropdowns in Search, i.e., blude with dotted underline with a little downward pointing triangle on it, to invite users to click on it and drop something down.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:59 PM

Annoying?  Yes I agree.

Rosie Perera:
So how about a clickable blue word ("Filter") below the Rule line which would cause a menu to drop down from which you could select one of those items, and it would insert it into the rule wherever the insertion point was? I'm in the midst of installing Beta 5 right now so I can't do a screenshot and mockup, but I'm thinking it would look like the "All Passages" and other dropdowns in Search, i.e., blude with dotted underline with a little downward pointing triangle on it, to invite users to click on it and drop something down.

That's it!  You have my vote! Yes

Check the Wiki

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS