New International Dictionary of New Testament Words

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Richard Schoonover | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 4 2010 8:13 AM

I had the original version of NIDNT and just added it to my Logos account. In the old version  I could display both English and Greek texts in different windows. By clicking on Greek or English words, it took me to the NIDNT location for that word. Is this feature not available in the Logos NIDNT? I have just started using it on biblia.com at work on my MAC. I have not tried it a home on my PC because I just loaded my LOGOS last night and did not get to try. Maybe it will work different at home. Any suggestions?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:19 PM

Can't help  ...     sorry   ...........    but, am a bit confused  .....  I'm not familiar with this work ....     Can't find it at Logos.com ...     Is it the same as Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Vols.)?               ...........    or is this the replacement for NIDNT?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:40 PM

Removed... irrelevant

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:53 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Can't help  ...     sorry   ...........    but, am a bit confused  .....  I'm not familiar with this work ....     Can't find it at Logos.com ...     Is it the same as Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Vols.)?               ...........    or is this the replacement for NIDNT?

Milford, I think he means the New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (NIDNTT)

EDIT: I just realized this might not be the resource you're talking about since you said "I had the original version." Mike S. correctly points out that this is a new resource in Logos. Regardless, what I wrote below will apply to whatever dictionary you're talking about.

rschoonover: First, I recommend that you follow the instructions for Changing Forum Display Name, or else your email address is likely to get picked up by spam-bots.

In Logos 4, the feature you're looking for is built into the engine and works with all dictionaries and lexicons including NIDNTT, but it requires slightly different setup than in Logos 3 to get it to open your preferred reference work. In L3 you set up "keylinks" but in L4, you accomplish this by prioritizing your resources. If you prioritize NIDNTT as your favorite lexicon, then it will be the first one proposed when you right click on a Greek word (or an English word if you're in a resource that has reverse interlinear tagging in it, such as ESV, NIV, or NRSV).

The wiki page discussing the Library in Logos has a whole section on prioritizing: http://wiki.logos.com/Library#Prioritizing

Once you've prioritized NIDNTT following those instructions, then you can right-click on any word (1), make sure the Lemma tab is selected on the right side of the context menu (2), and choose NIDNTT on the left (it will be the first item in the list if you've prioritized it so; the next few items will be based on a default selection of lexicons, or you can prioritize your top five lexicons if you like).

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 7:17 PM

Aha!  Couldn't figure that out ...         Now, another, book on my "git" list ...    *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS