BUG?: Result Of Morph Search (Beta4)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 4 2010 11:38 AM | Locked

I ran a morph search which should produce some results (at least Rom 8:18), but shows 0 results. See the attached PNG file.

Any hints?

Markus

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 1:14 PM | Locked

Try: lemma:λογίζομαι@V???1S.  It returns 6 results in 6 verses on my system, including Rom 8:18.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 1:20 PM | Locked

Thank you, Melissa. Your search works fine.

Still I do not understand why my search didn't produce the expected results.

Markus

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 1:40 PM | Locked

The lbs/el specifies the morphology for the search engine, however, in Morph search the morphology is determined in the options at the top of the pane. This is the syntax you would need for a Bible search.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 1:53 PM | Locked

Kevin Becker:

The lbs/el specifies the morphology for the search engine, however, in Morph search the morphology is determined in the options at the top of the pane. This is the syntax you would need for a Bible search.

Ok, Kevin, now I've understood it. Much to learn, even for a longtime user...

Markus

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:45 PM | Locked

Markus Schiller:
Still I do not understand why my search didn't produce the expected results.

The explanation I got is that there is special handling for "lemma:X@Y" in the query parser, but not for "<lemma = X>@Y."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS