New Wiki Page: Initial Study Layout

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:05 AM

This is the first of a series of pages I plan to do to provides ideas for layouts and how the layout might be used in some suggested steps for bible study and sermon prep. Hope it helps someoneSmile

http://wiki.logos.com/Initial_Study_Layout

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:15 AM

Keep 'em coming Fred - very helpful, especially the set of questions to be asked of the passage.  Not new, but great reminders.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:44 AM

Quite excellent Fred.

As a suggestion, you might want to scale the images before uploading to a maximum of about 600 pixels wide (keep the aspect ratio).  That way it will fit easily on most screens without issue.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:54 AM

Thomas Black:

Quite excellent Fred.

As a suggestion, you might want to scale the images before uploading to a maximum of about 600 pixels wide (keep the aspect ratio).  That way it will fit easily on most screens without issue.

I was wondering about that after I created the page and saw how big it was. I'll keep that in mind for future pages

EDIT: I scaled the layout image per Thomas' suggestion and replaced the old one.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:34 PM

That looks "more better" Fred. 

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 20
Randy Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:05 PM

This is very nice. Is there anyway to create a template note file and then copy it for each passage you are working on.

Randy

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:09 PM

Not yet Randy.

Check the Wiki

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:18 PM

RandyCox:

This is very nice. Is there anyway to create a template note file and then copy it for each passage you are working on.

Randy

What you can do was suggested to me a while back by another user (sorry I can't remember who).

I created a notefile called My Templates

Then create a note (within the file) for each template you want to have

When you begin a new passage copy and paste the template into another notefile created for that study

It is an extra step, or two but it is the best work around I have found so far

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 4:57 PM

Fred Chapman:
by another user (sorry I can't remember who)

Probably me, especially if the other user said that they had used tables heavily for templates in L3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 47
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 12:26 PM

Was wondering if you have Logos 5 and if so, how would you change the steps now?

Posts 24700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 31 2014 5:01 PM

Michael S.:

Was wondering if you have Logos 5 and if so, how would you change the steps now?

It would be better to ask the question in the Logos 5 forum, with a link to this thread!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS