New Wiki Page: Initial Study Layout

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:05 AM

This is the first of a series of pages I plan to do to provides ideas for layouts and how the layout might be used in some suggested steps for bible study and sermon prep. Hope it helps someoneSmile

http://wiki.logos.com/Initial_Study_Layout

Posts 3846
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:15 AM

Keep 'em coming Fred - very helpful, especially the set of questions to be asked of the passage.  Not new, but great reminders.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:44 AM

Quite excellent Fred.

As a suggestion, you might want to scale the images before uploading to a maximum of about 600 pixels wide (keep the aspect ratio).  That way it will fit easily on most screens without issue.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:54 AM

Thomas Black:

Quite excellent Fred.

As a suggestion, you might want to scale the images before uploading to a maximum of about 600 pixels wide (keep the aspect ratio).  That way it will fit easily on most screens without issue.

I was wondering about that after I created the page and saw how big it was. I'll keep that in mind for future pages

EDIT: I scaled the layout image per Thomas' suggestion and replaced the old one.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:34 PM

That looks "more better" Fred. 

Posts 20
Randy Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:05 PM

This is very nice. Is there anyway to create a template note file and then copy it for each passage you are working on.

Randy

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:09 PM

Not yet Randy.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:18 PM

RandyCox:

This is very nice. Is there anyway to create a template note file and then copy it for each passage you are working on.

Randy

What you can do was suggested to me a while back by another user (sorry I can't remember who).

I created a notefile called My Templates

Then create a note (within the file) for each template you want to have

When you begin a new passage copy and paste the template into another notefile created for that study

It is an extra step, or two but it is the best work around I have found so far

Posts 33476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 4:57 PM

Fred Chapman:
by another user (sorry I can't remember who)

Probably me, especially if the other user said that they had used tables heavily for templates in L3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 47
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 12:26 PM

Was wondering if you have Logos 5 and if so, how would you change the steps now?

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 31 2014 5:01 PM

Michael S.:

Was wondering if you have Logos 5 and if so, how would you change the steps now?

It would be better to ask the question in the Logos 5 forum, with a link to this thread!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS