Bug in Chrome

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:04 PM

Hello!

Just a short note about a small bug in chrome. Under firefox, the names of resources are expanded in the resource-picker-button link. Under chrome, they aren't. Eg. When I'm reading the New Living Translation, under firefox, the resource picker shows "New Living Translation", while under Chrome it simply shows "NLT".

I'm guessing you're doing this by computing an expected width of the resource text. If so, the algorithm seems to be slightly too aggressive...

Not a big issue, but still...

Nicholas

PS: The RSS feed of this forum is still broken! Smile

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 5:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback!  We definitely appreciate getting information on bugs from our users.  It saves us a lot of time having to find them ourselves.

I'm having a hard time reproducing this issue though.  When I open biblia.com in Chrome 5.0 I'm seeing the full resource names in the resource-picker-button link.  Could you post a screenshot of this happening?  Also, which version of Chrome are you running?  Thanks!

-Thomas

P.S. I'll see if I can track down somebody here who can help with the broken feed.  That's been bugging me too.

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:38 PM

Hi Thomas,

Sorry about the belated reply. I'm using chrome 5.0.375.125 beta under Linux. Screenshot below.

Image loading...

(And before you ask, it doesn't make any difference whether my font size and layout greasemonkey scripts are applied...)

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:42 PM

Oops - the screenshot didn't seem to appear. Here it is:

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:09 AM

Nicholas,

The abbreviated title should only be used if the full title would wrap to a second line. Please confirm that this happens without any of your scripts running by checking the site in a new incognito window (ctrl + shift + N). 

Could you also provide a complete list of the greasemonkey scripts you're running? If one of them is interfering I may be able to correct it.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:34 PM

Hi Bryan,

It seems to have resolved itself. (Well, to be honest, I upgraded Chrome today to the latest version, now it all works! [with and without the greasemonkey!]

Nicholas

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS