Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
eloy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 6 2010 12:45 PM

Hi!

I don't know who is responsible for the iPad Logos app, but it is fabulous! Got an iPad a few days ago and installed the Logos iPad app on it and I am really overjoyed (I'm an old guy - that had to work on a TRS-80 and Commodore 64) so this is Star Trek stuff in comparison! It is delightfully surprising to see how seamlessly the iPad App integrates the entire Logos library; and the tools that you all made available on such a compact platform -- wow!! I am excited for the possibilities that this little app will bring for both personal Bible study and for my preparation to serve God's people.

Kudos and thank you! :-)

En Cristo,

eloy 

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:30 PM

Just ordered a 16G wifi iPad today to take advantage of NC's tax free weekend.  Since I ordered it primarily to take advantage of the Logos App, what you wrote sounds promising.  Enjopy!

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:31 PM

Make that, ""Enjoy!"

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 5:57 PM

Likewise appreciate Logos book reading on iPad - offline mode works great - download book - turn off wireless so battery lasts longer.

eloy:
TRS-80 and Commodore 64

Remember TRS-80 model 100 having 4 line character display with keyboard (bit thicker than iPad). Also remember 8" floppy disks and punched paper tape.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:05 PM

can I highlight and color the text in the logos Ipad app?

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:13 PM

Scott Yip:

can I highlight and color the text in the logos Ipad app?

Not yet.  But it's planned. 

From the FAQ:

What is the product roadmap?

• Resource display enhancements
  • Notes
  • Highlighting
  • Search enhancements
  • Other cool stuff I can't tell you about

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 10:12 PM

That's great! The app is fantastic. I understand the challenges to get a better offline search going so I imagine that will come in time but I was wondering is the next release going to support clippings? This would really make the app a ton more useful as one could casually search and review materials and save the content of interest as clippings for later in depth reading/study or sermon development use.

Thanks again for making such a great app and a free app nevertheless :)

God bless,

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS