Problem with NET Bible Notes

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 2:50 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Rosie Perera:
That's my reason for wanting the separate notes file. Others might just be jumping on the bandwagon without realizing why. Smile

It looks to me it shows whole thing. Maybe some new feature in Beta. I would use separate notes, if they are added to the resource.  I would not pay for them separately. I paid for NET Bible WITH notes a few times already on a different platforms. So far I am happy enough with the Power Lookup. I really like by the way the new Information panel and Power Lookup also. They are just great. Info panel is even configurable. Super.

Well, I'll be cornswaggled! I was basing my wish for the separate notes file on a memory of this old thread where people were discussing the fact that long NET Bible notes get truncated in the Power Lookup window. Gen 1:1 was a particularly long one that was cited. But I just checked and you're right, the PL panel now shows the entire thing. I hadn't checked back on that thread for months, and it was apparently fixed in 4.0b. Yay!

(BTW, the phrase "I'll be cornswaggled" -- a regional variant of "hornswoggled" -- is a very colloquial slang expression of surprise or amazement.)

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 2:54 PM

Rosie Perera:
(BTW, the phrase "I'll be cornswaggled" -- a regional variant of "hornswoggled" -- is a very colloquial slang expression of surprise or amazement.)

I guessed it will be something like that. Thanks for teaching me a new word (actually words) Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 3:04 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Rosie Perera:

I guessed it will be something like that. Thanks for teaching me a new word (actually words) Smile

Here's an explanation on the origin of this very strange and amusing expression: http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-hor1.htm

Posts 1675
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 3:10 PM

Rosie Perera:
But I just checked and you're right, the PL panel now shows the entire thing.

This is good news and may end up saving me a few dollars. Once again, learning things as I go.  Yes

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 10:16 PM

Well, after looking at Mark Barnes' illustration of his prioritization list, I'm back to wanting the separate NET Bible Notes file. He's got it prioritized under his commentaries, so results from it will show up above other non-prioritized resources in passage guides. That's a good enough reason for me to shell out $19.95 if that's what it's gonna take.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 10:49 PM

Rosie Perera:

Well, after looking at Mark Barnes' illustration of his prioritization list, I'm back to wanting the separate NET Bible Notes file. He's got it prioritized under his commentaries, so results from it will show up above other non-prioritized resources in passage guides. That's a good enough reason for me to shell out $19.95 if that's what it's gonna take.

Mark has put a lot of work into this, particularly the lexicons,  just printed it out so I can compate with what I've got setup,  I haven't done much work on LXX resources I know. 

Having the separate Net Notes  resource, or any other study bible, is handy when it comes to passage guide.  I tend to separate these 'study bibles' out into a different commentary collection under passage guide so they don't get buried with the other commentaries but I don't think I've prioritized any of them as yet.  With the ESV notes on the way probably something I should look at.... but which one to prioritize higher, NET or ESV.....

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 11:02 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
.... but which one to prioritize higher, NET or ESV.....

I would say they are 2 very different things. ESV SB notes are like a brief commentary, while NET Bible notes are purely textual (translation) notes (with the exceptions).

Bohuslav

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 11:08 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Andrew McKenzie:
.... but which one to prioritize higher, NET or ESV.....

I would say they are 2 very different things. ESV SB notes are like a brief commentary, while NET Bible notes are purely textual (translation) notes (with the exceptions).

You are correct.  Really NET bible notes probably go more with say USB Hanbooks, than ESV SB notes.

Posts 1
Todd Lingren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:48 AM

Greetings. I'm Todd Lingren, Publishing Director of bible.org and the NET Bible. We've worked with Galaxie Software to produce the NET Bible in Libronix and other Bible study software engines.

To all users of the Scholar Library (et. al) who want the NET Bible Notes stand alone, and  are having difficulty, I can sympathize. This should be fixed internally at Logos, but I have a quick solution for those of you who want it.

Send me an email with your Libronix ID and I'll unlock the full 19.95 stand alone version which includes a collection unlock of NET Bible Notes, NET Bible Noteless and the Bible. This should solve the problem of the locked resources, but if it doesn't I'll also send you the resources files like you would receive if you purchased it from our store @ store.bible.org.

You must send your customer id/Libronix ID as Logos has it recorded for me to be able to help.

My email is todd@bible.org.

Todd Lingren
Publishing Director
bible.org

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:06 AM

Peace and Joy to you in the Lord!

Todd, thank you so very, very much!     *smile*

That's an absolutely wonderful and extremely generous offer.  Will take you up on it later today.

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1675
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:09 AM

Todd, it is great to see that some of the publishers are monitoring the forums and willing to work with the users. It is truly a blessing that you are willing to offer this free of charge. You are awesome!

As I had feared, Logos customer support never sent me the follow-up email. I'll be emailing you shortly.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:26 PM

Thank you Todd. I have sent an email. Your response is very much appreciated.  

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:36 PM

Since the first moment I got NET Bible (I have also a leather version) I love it and consult it very frequently. It is ideal Bible for Logos. Thank you so much for being so flexible with the notes towards those of us who has NET Bible in our Scholar's, Silver, Golden, Platinum Packages. Thank you. It is much appreciated. Yes

email sent.

Bohuslav

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:00 PM

I have Logos Platinum and still decided to purchase the stand alone version of the NET Bible because I really wanted the study notes as a separate resource. Because of Todd Lingren's post, I called Logos customer service and they were happy to credit my account for the purchase amount. Yes

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:58 AM

Todd, my email responding to your kind offer, to todd@bible.org, was returned with the following message:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    NET Bible Stand Alone Study Notes

Sent: 8/10/2010 10:33 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'todd@bible.org.' on 8/10/2010 10:33 PM

Invalid recipient

Did I get the email incorrect?

Thank you for the help.

Luther Locklin

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:06 AM

If you own the Net Bible, the notes as a commentary come with it. You may need to have it unlocked by Logos as a separate license on your account. I now use the notes alone when reading another Bible as one would a commentary.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:11 AM

Luther Locklin:

'todd@bible.org.' on 8/10/2010 10:33 PM

Invalid recipient

Looks like you have an extraneous dot at the end of that email address, probably copied & pasted from Todd's message where his email address came at the end of a sentence.

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:52 PM

You have sharp eyes, Rosie.  That was my problem.  Thank you for helping

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:00 AM

Thank you Todd and Logos. I now have the NET Notes as a stand alone resource, The NET Bible with notes and the NET Bible noteless available in my library. I really appreciate this and am glad this thread was started as I was not previously aware that the notes were available separately. I have a bound copy and find the notes a useful reference. Thanks to all  Smile

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:22 AM

todd02:

Greetings. I'm Todd Lingren, Publishing Director of bible.org and the NET Bible. We've worked with Galaxie Software to produce the NET Bible in Libronix and other Bible study software engines.

To all users of the Scholar Library (et. al) who want the NET Bible Notes stand alone, and  are having difficulty, I can sympathize. This should be fixed internally at Logos, but I have a quick solution for those of you who want it.

Send me an email with your Libronix ID and I'll unlock the full 19.95 stand alone version which includes a collection unlock of NET Bible Notes, NET Bible Noteless and the Bible. This should solve the problem of the locked resources, but if it doesn't I'll also send you the resources files like you would receive if you purchased it from our store @ store.bible.org.

You must send your customer id/Libronix ID as Logos has it recorded for me to be able to help.

My email is todd@bible.org.

Todd Lingren
Publishing Director
bible.org

I purchase the stand alone version many years ago but just wanted to say thanks Todd for chiming in here and assisting those who are having issues.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS