How to reliably crash Logos 4 Beta 4

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 7 2010 12:57 AM

Start Logos

On the Home page click on the first reading list link (in my case it was Hermeneutics)

The reading list pane opens. It sits there and twirls but no reading list appears. 

Close it by clicking on the 'x' in the top right hand corner of the pane.

Hang

Open Activity Monitor

Force quit Logos.

Start again.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 4:05 AM

Concur steps reliably crash B4 - also repeatable for "Book of Exodus" reading list (below Hermeneutics).

Technical observation: appears creating bitmap image encounters null reference - not set to an instance of object.

Console messages has stack trace:

3302.B4-Crash-Hermeneutics.zip

2742.B4-Crash-Exodus.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Stephanie Launier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:14 AM

Right-click the bottom right corner of the highlighting palette (trying to create a new style) and LOGOS disappears.  I don't even have to Force Quit!

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:23 AM

Unfortunately I am finding that doing nearly anything will cause Beta 4 to crash ;-(

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:50 AM

Stephanie Launier:

Right-click the bottom right corner of the highlighting palette (trying to create a new style) and LOGOS disappears.  I don't even have to Force Quit!

Bottom left works equally as well.

What a great undocumented feature never need to go to a pesky menu to quit or the keyboard. (Sorry just thinking like a windows programmer). ;-)

-Dan

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 11:39 PM

Concur highlighting palette has repeatable crash - console messages has stack trace - quite different than reading list crash:

5047.B4-Crash-Highlighting.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 11:45 PM

Steve Brannon:

Unfortunately I am finding that doing nearly anything will cause Beta 4 to crash ;-(

Wonder what trying to do ?  Many Beta 4 items usable.

Forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx has excellent tutorial for reporting issues - posting logs helpful along with steps to repeat crash.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 7:07 PM

Example:

Go to HOME page in Logos.  Type in the search term "demons" and hit Enter.  Wait for it... POOF... Logos is gone.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 9:09 PM

Steve Brannon:

Example:

Go to HOME page in Logos.  Type in the search term "demons" and hit Enter.  Wait for it... POOF... Logos is gone.

Would you mind posting some logs? That way we can troubleshoot your issue and fix it.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 9:10 PM

Stephanie Launier:

This version of "Exit Immediately" will be fixed in Beta 5. :)

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 9:40 PM

Tom Philpot:

Steve Brannon:

Example:

Would you mind posting some logs? That way we can troubleshoot your issue and fix it.

Suspect POOF is a crash - console messages should have more information.

Forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx has log posting tutorial.  

Unable to replicate - used Close All command to go to home page, then entered "demons" - search quickly found many entries:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 42
David Jordan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 10:36 PM

launch logos - float Word Pictures - float low nida - float nasb95 with inline, morphology, greek/english, low nida and strong's showing....

then make a few clicks in the nasb95 window while the twirling wheel is up and she locks up tighter than fort knox. Surprise

happened 5 times over the last 4 hours

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS