Media Resources - Missing Information

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
Martin Groves | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 7 2010 1:13 PM

I have noticed that there is missing information from the media resources.  The missing information includes bible references and incomplete table of contents.  Examples are as follows:

Logos Deluxe Map Set - In Logos 4 the maps are not grouped according to the books of the bible, and the other illustrations, such as temples, are all mixed up with the other maps.  Some maps are supposed to have a bible reference at the top of the map, which is not vissible in Logos 4.  It is still possible to do a basic search or use passage guide, in order to group the maps by reference.  The find panel does not find everything that the Logos 3 version could find.

1000 Bible Images - In Logos 4 the images are not grouped according to category, as compared to Logos 3.

The Bible and its Story - The Passage Guide sorts this resource by bible reference, but no bible references can be found in this resource.

Logos Hymnal Media Resource - The hymns are not properly sorted into alphabetical order.  The is a bunch that runs from A to Z, followed by another one or two groups.  This tells me that there must be missing category sections in the table of contents.

Please could you let me know why there is missing information, why articles are not sorted properly and why not by category.

Thank you.

Martin Groves

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 1:26 PM

Logos 4 media resources don't support grouping or labeling of groups of media; each media elements stands alone, and is visible from a single Overview. We felt these types of media were more likely to be retrieved by searches or Guides than browsed by organization scheme.

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 1:49 PM

Bob,

When will Bible Word Study be fully functional on L4 and L4 Mac. I posted and example in L4 Mac forum http://community.logos.com/forums/p/20558/156496.aspx#156496

Tommy Ball is looking in to this too.

Thanks, 
David 

MacBook Pro 15" Retina 1TB Flash 2.8 Quad i7 16 GB Ram OSX 10.13.4

iMac 27"3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 32 GB Ram 10.13.4

Posts 31425
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 5:58 PM

Bob Pritchett:
We felt these types of media were more likely to be retrieved by searches or Guides than browsed by organization scheme.

Oh, oh. You were just tossed out of the philosophy department of my alma mater. Wink We had to "think" not "feel". I'm a little uncomfortable with that assumption especially for hymns and visual arts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS