"Logos 4: Create a Family Tree"???

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:55 AM

Am I the only one that finds this blog title odd? The title implies you can create a family tree in Logos (which I suppose you could with the Sentence diagrammer in the 4.1 Beta.) However, the content of the post is about accessing the family tree content in Biblical People.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 5:43 AM

I don't think you're weird .

From the title it would seem like you are making one....not just viewing one....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 5:49 AM

Just a little Kevin, when I saw your post title I thought it was about creating a family tree

... maybe a title something like  " Who Forgets who Begets who ?"

would have been more appropriate.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:13 AM

Andrew McKenzie:

Just a little Kevin, when I saw your post title I thought it was about creating a family tree

Your point is well taken. Your suggestion would be a better title for the Logos blog post. I was preserving the confusion of the blog title Smile

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:23 AM

Kevin Becker:

Andrew McKenzie:

Your point is well taken. Your suggestion would be a better title for the Logos blog post. I was preserving the confusion of the blog title Smile

Sorry Kevin, my point wasn't well expressed I was suggesting a different title for the blog rather than you post.  My comment on your post title was highlight how confusing the blog title was.. and I ended up confusing you with my comments. Embarrassed

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:29 AM

Andrew McKenzie:
Sorry Kevin, my point wasn't well expressed I was suggesting a different title for the blog rather than you post.  My comment on your post title was highlight how confusing the blog title was.. and I ended up confusing you with my comments. Embarrassed

No problem. Confusion begets confusion Smile glad to have it cleared up.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:24 AM

Andrew McKenzie:
Who Forgets who Begets who ?

Kevin Becker:
Confusion begets confusion Smile

Confused LOL

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 18817
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 11:19 AM

Kevin Becker:

Am I the only one that finds this blog title odd? The title implies you can create a family tree in Logos (which I suppose you could with the Sentence diagrammer in the 4.1 Beta.)

Wow, if only I'd known! I'm organizing a family reunion that's taking place this weekend. I've slaved for years over creating a big family tree in Family Tree Maker. If I'd known I could do it in Logos, I would have done that in a heartbeat. Maybe Logos can keep track of my finances, too...  Wink

Posts 27426
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:41 PM

Okay, Logos - we've been saying we want the ability to fill in the many blanks in the Scripture passage limited family trees. Now you tell us we have it. I wouldn't want to have to tell my friends that Logos does not begin to meet its own hype. You even hit me with a double whammy when I used the KJV. Stick out tongue Okay, so I am having a bit of fun with the blog title and yes, there are a number of items with higher priority than creating our own family trees or expanding the family trees to handle additional canons ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:04 AM

Rosie Perera:
Maybe Logos can keep track of my finances, too...

They do, after a fashion.... Ecc 12:12

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS