Beta 5: Notes crash

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 9 2010 5:43 PM

When I add text to an existing note and then try to select the text that I just added Logos crashes.

40146.Archive.zip

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
I'll dig into this (currently on my phone).

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:44 PM

Any luck? Thanks.

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:47 PM

Cameron Watters:
I'll dig into this (currently on my phone).

Would you mind sharing what phone and what software you are using?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Using Safari on my iPhone 4. The key to posting on the forums is to switch the editor to plain text in your forum preferences.

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 5:05 PM

Crashed again. This time I added text to the note and Logos crashed before I could select/highlight the new text.

8883.Archive.zip

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 5:11 PM

Here's another one. Typed a couple of letters in the note and Logos crashed.

284761.Archive.zip

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:10 PM

Cameron Watters:
Using Safari on my iPhone 4. The key to posting on the forums is to switch the editor to plain text in your forum preferences.

I will have to keep that in mind. I use RSS Runner, but have never tried to post, only read. I have used Safari as well.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:28 PM

I'm getting the same crash because of the notes feature in Beta 5. Just having the notes open will cause it to crash for me - I believe it's more about timing than trying to select text....

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:28 AM

Roger Walter:
I'm getting the same crash because of the notes feature in Beta 5.

Please don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. To the untrained eye, all crashes look alike—if you post your logs, we can determine whether it's the same bug or a new one.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:28 PM

Can I conclude you have identified this as a bug and I do not need to post more logs? Or is this something unique to my setup? Thanks.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Brian Elliott:
Can I conclude you have identified this as a bug and I do not need to post more logs? Or is this something unique to my setup? Thanks.

Hmmm. It's safe to conclude that it's a bug, since there aren't many (if any) circumstances where the proper behavior of the app is to crash.

However, your logs aren't providing me much information because the logger is swallowing messages because we're sending them too rapidly at the time of the crash. The next beta will have less verbose logging in that area, so we should be able to actually get useful data out of your logs.

That said, I cannot reproduce the issue, so I can't fix it. Hopefully, after we release the next beta we'll be able to extract sufficient data from your logs to track down the issue.

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:57 PM

Thanks Cameron. I'll check it in the next beta.

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 4:13 AM

Tried this again this morning with Beta 6 and it is no longer crashing.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS