Grant Horner's Reading Plan in Logos

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 2:37 PM

Here you go.

Note the formating is different, but it works fine.

Regards,

Clinton

4237.Horner_Updated_2010-11.xml

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 3:05 PM

Clinton Thomas:

Here you go.

Regards,

Clinton

4237.Horner_Updated_2010-11.xml

Thank you, Clinton. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:21 PM

Clinton Thomas:
I found a mistake in the XML file. Psalms 150 is never read after the first cycle.

Thanks!  Well, some add 151, so I guess I decided to subtract 150.

I fixed mine. If someone should find another issue and the original Excel file would facilitate a fix, please let me know at  jnthree3 AT gmail DOT com.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:27 PM

Clinton Thomas:

Here you go.

Also, I don't know how to edit a Wiki entry (Jon did that part in Dec), so if someone would post Clinton's file there (if they haven't already), it could help others.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:16 PM

Robert M. Warren:
Clinton's file
had an error.

My last file has its own bug in that the first reading in Joshua was chapter 5. It probably should be chapter 1. You can see it in the first line of the reading, or the file below has the change to fix it.

This one should be more gooder.

7801.Horner_2010-11_v3.xml

Posts 108
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:16 AM

Thomas Black:

If someone doesn't want to edit the sql file  they could approximate the program a bit better.  Though once again it would be without chapter breaks, and has some degree of innacuracy this way.  Simply divide this over one year/ 365 days.

Mt–Jn,Mt–Jn,Mt–Jn,Mt–Jn | Ge–Dt,Ge–Dt | Ro–Col, Heb, Ro–Col, Heb, Ro–Col, Heb, Ro–Col, Heb, Ro–Col, Heb| 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re, 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re, 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re, 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re, 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re, 1 Th–Phm, Jas–Re | Job, Ec–So,Job, Ec–So,Job, Ec–So,Job, Ec–So,Job, Ec–So,Job, Ec–So | Ps,ps | Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr,Pr | Jos–Es,Jos-Es | Is–Mal,Is–Mal | Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac,Ac

Thanks, Thomas,

I tried to use the XML file on my netbook at home. It messed everything up. I deleted the compiled from XML file and restored the earlier ReadingPlan.db, and everything returned to normal. The next day (yesterday), I inserted your list here into a new reading plan. It isn't a perfect match for Horner's, but it works for me. Today, first day I had two chapters in Matthew, Psalms, and Joshua, instead of the one. I was interested is large quantities from a variety of Biblical genres. I actually read today's readings on my iPhone. It synced up great with all my machines.

Thanks, again!

MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 10 Professional) | iPad 3 (also have Windows 10 Desktop at home)

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:25 AM

Robert M. Warren:
Also, I don't know how to edit a Wiki entry (Jon did that part in Dec), so if someone would post Clinton's file there (if they haven't already), it could help others.

I can do that.....

DONE.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 3 2010 8:46 AM

It does not take long to see the value in this reading plan. Thanks for sharing it, Thomas.

I realize this is an old post, but I have an alternate solution for anyone who desires to use Horner's system and who is willing to give up their bookmarks. That sounds negative, how about: "Anyone who is willing to employ their bookmarks to their fullest potential."

I bookmark sections one through nine in Horner's plan, every time I read. So if I finish Matthew chapter 1 in Gospels, then when I finish my reading I book mark chapter 2: CTRL+SHIFT 1. The next day I just hit CTRL 1, and then I'm right where I need to be. I do the same for the Pentateuch CTRL+SHIFT 2 through the Prophets CTRL+SHIFT 9. As for Acts, I just remember my place, since Logos does not have a bookmark set to CTRL+SHIFT 0. You could always use your favorites.

So that is another option for anyone interested in Horner's system. You might miss your bookmarks, but I am using mine more than ever. A couple other benefits are perfect chapter divisions and the plan is not restricted to a time scale. Follow the plan at your own pace and the ten sections of Scripture will just keep cycling as intended.

Posts 36
Andrew Yates | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:15 AM

Has there been any development in this area in the past several months? I would love to use Logos for my daily readings! Thanks all! 

-Yates

Posts 1600
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:32 AM

Another option of how to use Grant Horner's plan in Logos: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/67524.aspx

Posts 2
Braxton Sheehy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:13 AM

You can use a manual plan. This one is a pdf of the Horner Reading System for 100 years:  https://evangelism.org/professor-grant-horners-bible-reading-system/

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS