Annoying Link Set Behavior

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:34 AM

When adding a resource to an existing link set, rather than opening the new resource to the passage in use by the resources already linked in the set, the already-linked resources open to the passage that is open in  the new resource. Then I have to reset the passage in the Guide window to re-sync all the resources to the passage I'm working with.

This is an very counter-intuitive behavior. Is there a setting somewhere to reverse this so that the new resource syncs to the old/existing?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:58 AM

Ron Stephens:

When adding a resource to an existing link set, rather than opening the new resource to the passage in use by the resources already linked in the set, the already-linked resources open to the passage that is open in  the new resource. Then I have to reset the passage in the Guide window to re-sync all the resources to the passage I'm working with.

This is an very counter-intuitive behavior. Is there a setting somewhere to reverse this so that the new resource syncs to the old/existing?

Are you using the PC version or the MAC version.  I opened both the NA27 and the NRSV and linked them.  I then opened the Byz Maj text and changed it to a different passage (It opened to the same location as the NA27 and NRSV).  I then set the link to that of the NA27 and the NRSV and found that it changed to agree with the already existing links.  I'm using the PC version.  Perhaps this is a peculiarity of the MAC version ? 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:23 AM

What you describe is the behavior I would expect. I am using the Mac version. Maybe that's the problem. I have the PC version. I'll try it there.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS