Update will not install

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:30 PM

My laptop downloaded an update for Logos 4 this evening and now it cannot install it. Every time I try to start Logos, it brings up a window saying "An Update has been downloaded do you want to install it?" when I say yes, it tries for a moment then says Logos 4 cannot be installed. If I say no, Logos starts normally.

How can I either get the update to install, or stop if trying to install?????

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:41 PM

Please start diagnostic logging and upload the logs (all logs with similar date/time) after the failure. This will tell us what is going wrong.

To manage downloads go to Program Settings and set Automatically Download Updates to NO.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:59 AM

Here's the logs that were created this morning. BTW, I'm not having any trouble with Logs on my desktop computer.

Posts 36

Apparently, I can only upload one file per post

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:01 AM

Another log

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:02 AM

There's also an indexer log, but I didn't think it would have any pertinent info.

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:27 AM

If I delete the setup.exe and the .msi files from the "installers/420" folder will it stop hassling me every time I start Logos?

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:46 AM

The log file shows a problem with gaining access to a file. Not sure why you are having this issue, someone else might know. If you don't get additional help I would simply delete the C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3xiiagpt.bec\UpdateManager\ folder contents, reopen Logos 4, type Update Now in the Command Bar and hit enter to see if it will re-download the updates you need and install them properly.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:47 AM

This is what I get trying to install today's update.  I'll upload some logs when I have a moment.

Ed

Posts 36
David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:14 AM

I would simply delete the C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3xiiagpt.bec\UpdateManager\ folder contents, reopen Logos 4, type Update Now in the Command Bar and hit enter to see if it will re-download the updates you need and install them properly.

I deleted that folder and now Logos 4 starts normally. (I also "took ownership" of the Logos4 folder & subfolders) When I do the "Update Now" in the command bar, it says there's no new updates. So . . . I guess I'll leave it alone for the moment

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:07 PM

I did the same thing with the same result and am adopting a more cautious stance.

Ed

David Strawn:

I would simply delete the C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3xiiagpt.bec\UpdateManager\ folder contents, reopen Logos 4, type Update Now in the Command Bar and hit enter to see if it will re-download the updates you need and install them properly.

I deleted that folder and now Logos 4 starts normally. (I also "took ownership" of the Logos4 folder & subfolders) When I do the "Update Now" in the command bar, it says there's no new updates. So . . . I guess I'll leave it alone for the moment

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:00 PM

David Strawn:

The log says your System Restore service is disabled and this seems to have caused the failure. Enable System Restore for C: drive and it should install.

If necessary use this link  http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 3:58 PM

David, did you get any further?  I haven't!

Ed

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:31 PM

Ed

Your problem would suggest that you installed with Admin privilege. So now you will need to right click the L4 icon and "run as Administartor". Type Update Now if necessary in the Command box and the update should proceed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:52 PM

Thanks Dave,

I followed your suggestion, was told my "system was being prepared" or the like, but eventually nothing new happened. Entered "update now" was told there are no new updates.

this is what I presently have.

When the update first came out, this was the result:

Dave Hooton:

Ed

Your problem would suggest that you installed with Admin privilege. So now you will need to right click the L4 icon and "run as Administartor". Type Update Now if necessary in the Command box and the update should proceed.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 5:04 PM

Ed W. Visser:
I followed your suggestion, was told my "system was being prepared" or the like, but eventually nothing new happened.

We need to see installation/setup logs so follow the links above to enable logging & return all logs with a similar date and time.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 5:54 PM

6862.Logos4.log

86634.Logos4Indexer.log

Dave Hooton:

Ed W. Visser:
I followed your suggestion, was told my "system was being prepared" or the like, but eventually nothing new happened.

We need to see installation/setup logs so follow the links above to enable logging & return all logs with a similar date and time.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 7:58 AM

Ed W. Visser:

No, Ed! These are SR-1. I need the Setup and DigitalLibraryInstall logs when trying to update to SR-2.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:11 AM

Sorry, I only followed, as you said, "the links above"

Since that's not what you're asking for, can you help this noobie do it correctly?

Ed

Dave Hooton:

Ed W. Visser:

No, Ed! These are SR-1. I need the Setup and DigitalLibraryInstall logs when trying to update to SR-2.

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 5:07 PM

Dave Hooton:

Ed W. Visser:

How do I get the logs you want, Dave?

Ed

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS