Camp Logos Houston

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:41 PM

I just returned from Camp Logos Houston: a super event! The host church, Grace Church of Humble, was most gracious. I can only imagine the work that went into pulling everything together. Hats off to the staff there.

I have attended Camp Logos for Logos products twice before: once prior to the release of Libronix (3), and once after.  I must say, Morris Proctor just keeps getting better and better. His presentation is clear, focused, applicable and enjoyable. He paces the material for maximum retention and is sensitive to "information overload". He knows both his subject material and his audience.

Each session at Camp Logos brought tips and insights that will make my study through Logos 4 a richer and deeper experience. Perhaps my greatest single "learning snippet" was discovering the power of the right-click. Go ahead and try it: right-click almost any word, especially in the Bible text, and the elegant power of Logos 4 shines.

I must say, though, the foundation of learning I gleaned from the free training videos and this forum laid a super foundation. I felt "up to speed" as Morris spoke, and could often tell where he was going with his teaching. You guys and gals do a super job of educating and answering questions. You are a faithful, informed, concerned, servant-hearted group. Thanks!

Steve Johnson

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 18
Paul D. Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:51 PM

Well said! I, too, was at the Houston (Humble) Camp Logos. It was my first time and I was a little concerned that Morris might move too fast. I have been with Logos since version 2 yet had never really been able to get a handle on how to use it. When I upgraded to Logos 4, I decided right then that I was going to go to a Camp for some training. What a great 2 days we had. Hats off to Grace Church, Morris and his crew, and for the solid training. We moved quickly but no one got left behind.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS