logos books on either William Carey or Hudson Taylor?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Robert Ellis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:11 AM
Hi I have to do an assignment on one of 1) William Carey - father of christian missionary or 2) Hudson taylor - missionary to china     I am having trouble on finding anything of any substance on William Cary or Hudson Taylor in the Logos collections which surprises me given the importance of these guys Sure I can find books which will have a paragraph or two but no more?   have I missed any books in my search that you might know of in the Logos Collection? thank you Robert
Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:25 AM

Welcome to the forums Robert!

I did some searching on Logos.com and in my library and I was unable to find any book length treatment of these two. There are short articles here and there but nothing long and detailed. I my opinion, Logos works best with Bible Study. It's catalog is rather thin when it comes to biographical resources; you will probably need to find another source of information for these two men.

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:29 AM

Who's Who in Christian History has about a half page on Carey and 1 1/2 pages on Taylor.  Not much, but it may give you some info, but it looks like you are looking for more.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:39 AM

Unfortunately you'll find more quality information on the Internet.  Wikipedia has good entries on these guys, as does this site: http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/bio.html

Hmm.  I'm thinking I see a rich source of content for the Personal Book Builder, when it returns.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19
Larry Worden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:56 AM

I Found this:

From the Editors of Christian History Magazine - Foreword by: J.I. Packer

I have the "Christian History Magazine" that provides info. on Hudson Taylor and William Carey....

The “Christian History Magazine” provides a lot of articles about William Carey...

THE NCBSIQ - has: "Brief Life of Carey"  -  (Nelson's Complete Book of Stories Illustrations)

Hudson Taylor also in “ON This Day” By Robert J. Morgan

I just did a ‘basic search’ on either name and found various places for information in my Logos collection.  I would guess you have done that step already - therefore, were you wanting to know what resources could be available for information on these missionaries?

Larry

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS