Home Page Fonts

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 16 2010 4:02 AM

Is there a way to enlarge the fonts on the Home Page?  If so, I haven't found it.  On my 27" iMac, the font size is SO tiny, especially on the "excerpted articles" that reading is a strain.  Logos: please allow me to increase the font size if possible/practical.  Zooming the page works, of course, but it also blurs the text.  Just a suggested enhancement to a great program.

Thanks!

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:27 AM

I agree with this post. In general, with each beta fonts are smaller and smaller :-(

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:08 AM

Pavel Kostecka:

I agree with this post. In general, with each beta fonts are smaller and smaller :-(

I would add that I for one want smaller fonts, since I am on a 13" MBP. I would however ask for adjustable font sizes to be put on the front burner. Fonts and sizes are a big deal with so many varying screen sizes and differences in eyesight abilities.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:24 AM

Dewayne,

I agree with you.  I should have been more specific in my inital post that I was requesting ADJUSTABLE font sizes similar to what we have in our web browsers, for example, where we can hit Command + or Command -.

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 11:04 AM

Dewayne Davis:

I would add that I for one want smaller fonts, since I am on a 13" MBP. I would however ask for adjustable font sizes to be put on the front burner. Fonts and sizes are a big deal with so many varying screen sizes and differences in eyesight abilities.

I too agree. I also have a 13" MacBook Pro and need to maximize screen real estate.  Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:35 AM

Yes, please allow for greater font adjustibility, especially on the larger end for me.  I just switched from W7 to Mac.  On Logos4 for windows I could make the fonts larger than in Logos4 Mac.  I am using a MBP 17" with the high res screen bc it was the only way to get the anti-glare screen.  Please provide even larger options for both Default Text Size as well as more capacity for larger fonts on individual book windows.  Ten years ago my eyes could handle it, but not now and they won't be getting any better.  :)

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:49 AM

Ross Durham:

Yes, please allow for greater font adjustibility, especially on the larger end for me.  I just switched from W7 to Mac.  On Logos4 for windows I could make the fonts larger than in Logos4 Mac.  I am using a MBP 17" with the high res screen bc it was the only way to get the anti-glare screen.  Please provide even larger options for both Default Text Size as well as more capacity for larger fonts on individual book windows.  Ten years ago my eyes could handle it, but not now and they won't be getting any better.  :)

Ross,

If you would like, I would be willing to trade MacBooks. You could have my MBP 13" and I would take that crummy 17" with the terribly small fonts. Anything for a brother. Wink

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 3183
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:58 AM

Fonts on the homepage are linked to program scaling which has been discussed a fair amount here on the forums. If you do some hunting I believe you will stumble into a few threads that talk about it. It was taken out back during the Alpha process because of  problems it was causing other parts of the program. Until those problems are resolved it will not be reintegrated.

Posts 1
Chadrick Yeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:56 AM

I found a way to enlarge the font size on Logos Mac. Under Tools, go to Programs Setting. Click on the size (arrow up or down) and you can change the sizing.

Posts 5089
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 4:41 AM

Chadrick Yeo:

I found a way to enlarge the font size on Logos Mac. Under Tools, go to Programs Setting. Click on the size (arrow up or down) and you can change the sizing.

But be prepared for some odd visual aberrations.

However as has been pointed out before - nobody is stuck with the default screen resolution on a Mac. Apple>System Preferences>Displays can be used to adjust the size of everything that you see.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Mike Binks:
nobody is stuck with the default screen resolution on a Mac

I think Microsoft has recently* added this feature to Windows.

* - By "recently" I mean at least 20 years ago.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:07 AM

Of course the problem with the default screen res adjust is that you loose sharpness because there seems to be an ideal res for each screen.

I am finding two ways to adjust screen fonts (presumably other than the piece that was taken out, referenced above). 1. via Program settings and 2. via the upper Left box on each window.

1.  Is it possible to increase the options for font size on this list?  Logos4 Mac current allows for options from 80% to 240%.  Why not allow for greater than 240%?

2.  Similarly, could you increase the options on the Upper Left box that has the slider for Font size so that fonts can get bigger?

Sorry if these have already been suggested.  But this seems to me to be a fundamental issue given that we all will need larger fonts as we age to reduce eye strain.  I bought Logos when I was in my 20s, now 46, but I want to use it till I'm dead or blind.  (Just trying to be descriptive, not argumentative.) Smile 

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:10 AM

P.S.  I don't really care that much about the Home Screen fonts (right now); what's really important is the greater size on actual books (NA27, Bagd, ESV, etc.).

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:04 PM

We know that fonts is a big issue for folks, and it's one of those things that we really want to get right on the Mac. Because we're so close to our 4.0 ship deadline (Oct 1, 2010), we can't add it now because it would be too large a change and affect the overall stability of the final product.

After we ship 4.0, font resizing for panels other than resources is one of the first things we put into the Mac product. Whether it comes as an update to 4.0 prior to the full 4.1 release with printing and exporting is still to be determined.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:34 AM

Tom Philpot:

We know that fonts is a big issue for folks, and it's one of those things that we really want to get right on the Mac. ... 

After we ship 4.0, font resizing for panels other than resources is one of the first things we put into the Mac product. ...

Amen to that! :-) Thank you to the Mac dev team for their dedication and steady work.  It's been a long haul since I first installed the early alphas, but the end product is looking better and better.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 10:08 AM

Tom or anyone,

Where are we at with allowing for larger fonts on books?  In settings, the maximum on Default Text Size is 240%; can we have a 280% and 320% option?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS