Import Notes and other files from Libronix 3.0 to 4.0

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:36 PM

I have a set of libronix files which contain notes, passage lists, and prayer lists backed up on a different volume and I don't have libronix 3.0g installed any longer on the machine. Can I import these into 4.0? If so, how? I tried the Import All command and I didn't see anything happen.

Also, I have various volumes and different versions of backups on different volumes. How do I tell it to use a specific folder on a specific volume? Is this possible too?

Will my highlights/underlining transfer too?

I tried to do a search, but the steps provided haven't yielded any results so far. Typing "Import All" doesn't appear to be doing anything after typing it in.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:48 PM

Chris,

Logos 4 will look for the files in their default location under My Documents/LibronixDLS. If they are not there you'll need to create that folder and subfolders and move the contents there. The subfolder names are Annotations, VerseLists, PrayerLists, and ResourseMarkup.

Note files benefit from being prepared before import in Libronix. See http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3  This would necessitate reinstalling Libronix 3.0g.  You can get the installer here: http://www.logos.com/support/download/30bupdate (look on the right hand side of the page).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:09 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the response and information. As I was reading your message and another one posted about this process, it sounds like the preparation process is optional, but recommended. Is this correct?

The reason being is that I am trying to conserve hard drive space on a netbook and re-install of 3.0g may increase my space usage by making updates to IE and the install itself. Given this, I am wondering if it is possible to try without the install and preparation process and see if it will work without 3.0g having been installed. I would recreate the directory structure you provided so that it will find the files. This was a Libronix 3 previous version only install and not Logos 3 files.

Have you heard of those who have not done this step and if so, have you heard what has been the result if it didn't go quite as planned? Is it easy to fix and attempt again? Thanks!

Chris

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:55 PM

ChrisHartman:
Have you heard of those who have not done this step and if so, have you heard what has been the result if it didn't go quite as planned? Is it easy to fix and attempt again? Thanks!

I'm not sure what the pre-prepping does. Why not try without it? Then take a look at your note files and see how they look. If they seem to be in poor shape, prepping them might be what is needed. You can run Import Notes a second time after doing so if needed.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:12 AM

Thanks Mark! I gave it a try and it did appear to complete. I will need to spend some time evaluating, but it looks like the most important file I was looking for has been brought over. Thanks again for your help. :-)

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS