Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
J. David Stark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 17 2010 3:37 PM

Greetings, all.

I'm running LDLS 3.0g, and just today, I noticed some strange behavior with my NA27 and UBS4. I have used these resources repeatedly and without incident since installing LDLS. Now, however, they each seem to have their own unique, default active index types—bible+na27 and bible+ubs4 respectively. The BHS and LXX modules still properly work with the Bible (BHS) and Bible (LXX) active index types, but something seems to have gone awry with the NA27 and UBS4 modules as they seem now not to respond to any links from other resources. Also, when reading in each of these texts, unless I manually change the active index type from bible+na27 or bible+ubs4 to Bible, the active index box stays empty and does not track with the text normally when I scroll up and down. Yet, I have looked at all the settings that I can think of that might possibly affect this issue (e.g., preferred Bibles, key linking, resource associations) to no avail thus far.

Any suggestions about how to rectify this active index issue with the NA27 and UBS4 modules would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help!

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:21 AM

1. This indeed is an issue and their indexes need to be rebuilt:-

NA27 (LOGOSNA27.lbxlls  2010-05-10T22:11:15Z) has Active Indexes for Bible and bible+na27, but the Bible data type is NOT a Keylink Target.

UBS4 (LOGOSUBS4.lbxlls 2010-05-10T22:22:10Z) has Active Indexes for Bible+ubs4, but the Bible data type is NOT a Keylink Target.

2. The corresponding Interlinears are OK:-

NA27 Int (LOGOSNA27INT.lbxlls 2009-03-11T17:54:27Z) has Active Indexes for Bible & the Bible data type is a Keylink Target.

UBS4 Int (LOGOSUBS4INT.lbxlls 2006-03-29T00:07:31Z) has Active Indexes for Bible & the Bible data type is a Keylink Target.

 

EDIT: I have restored the previous versions of NA27 and UBS4 (from backup) & regained the lost functionality!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:05 AM

I've got the exact same problem, thought I was going crazy there for a while, couldn't figure it out...  Looks like the temporary corrective action is to find an old LOGOSNA27.lbxlls file which I don't think I have unless it's on one of my old disks.

I just called Logos tech support and explained the problem, hopefully it'll be resolved... In the meantime I've got to fine those old files.....

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:05 AM

Dave Hooton:

 I have restored the previous versions of NA27 and UBS4 (from backup) & regained the lost functionality!

Dave,

I have some older files and tried to replace the newer files with them including renaming the newer files. I was not able to regain functionality. The files I have still show Bible, Page Number and bible+na27 as active indexes. Perhaps your files are older than mine. Can you post the files you're using so I can see if they will work for me? Thanks!

Posts 4
J. David Stark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:25 PM

Dave,

Thanks so much. I just restored the files from my Logos DVD also, and the (Logos) universe is now back in order.

Thank you, again, for your help.

Blessings,

David

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:03 PM

James Thompson:
I have some older files and tried to replace the newer files with them including renaming the newer files.

You have to delete the existing files or overwrite them to succeed. The "older" files have a Date Modified from 2006 and 2007 and should be available from a Logos3 Installation DVD (v 3.0f or earlier).

James Thompson:
Can you post the files you're using so I can see if they will work for me? Thanks!

If you have storage space in the cloud I can upload them.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:19 PM

Dave Hooton:

You have to delete the existing files or overwrite them to succeed. The "older" files have a Date Modified from 2006 and 2007 and should be available from a Logos3 Installation DVD (v 3.0f or earlier).

I finally got it to work. I had originally renamed the newer file to LOGOSNA27_old and copied in an older LOGOSNA27 file but somehow the system recognized the newer file in spite of the name change. So I completely removed the newer file out of the subdirectory. After I did that I regained the old functionality!  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS