Chronological Aspects of The Life of Christ by Harold Hoehner

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5432
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 6:14 PM

Thanks Tom,  almost done setting it up.  I had to paste the links into notepad first though as the fourm had converted them as links to bible.logos.com and those links carried straight into the note.  Paste into Notepad stripped the links and then Logos 4 was able to convert them into internal links.

Posts 8645
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:18 PM

Hmm.  [:/] Sorry for the trouble Andrew.  But I'm glad it worked well enough to get you going.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5432
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:25 PM

Thomas Black:

Hmm.  [:/] Sorry for the trouble Andrew.  But I'm glad it worked well enough to get you going.  :-)

No biggie but thought it might happen to others and they didn't realise as the links look the same whether they are internal or external and not pick it up till the clicked on one of the links

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:09 PM

Todd Phillips:

Thomas Black:

Todd Phillips:

I love the Journals!  I've created a note file called "Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ" with a separate note linking to each of those, with significant excerpts in each note, so that a search for something like Matt 12:40 will give me a hit in for that notefile.  I could have used clippings, but in this instance a notefile seemed better since the note icon shows up in the text to link me back to the full list.  And the notefile looks more like a table of contents.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do something like that without replicating so much in the file.  So far I've just got the links as above in my Favorites under the title "chronological aspects...." 

That doesn't solve the search issue like your solution does Todd.  Too bad I can't define a collection at the sub-resource level.

BTW, when I said "significant excerpts", I didn't mean large ones.  I just put some concluding paragraphs in the note that I felt would give me the search hits I needed.

In case anyone is wondering (i.e those coming from the latest thread), here is what my note file looks like:

The text in each note is the concluding paragraphs from the end of each article, which makes the note file an executive summary of the whole work, and it provides good search hits when doing either a word or passage search.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 102
Donn Heinrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:30 AM

Yes

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:14 PM

Even with the workaround, I'd like to get the book itself --because of the various illustrations and such that are included there, and not in the journals. So I would still ask Logos and Zondervan to include it there.

Russ

Posts 6
Jonas Dagson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 9:15 AM

The link does not work for me. Any idea how I can find the issue 521 online?

Jonas Dagson, Sweden (dagson@algonet.se)

Posts 8645
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:04 AM

Jonas Dagson:

The link does not work for me. Any idea how I can find the issue 521 online?

Hi Jonas, 

First: You might want to edit (if too much time hasn't passed) your email address out, or spammers will harvest the address and you'll get hundreds of spam emails daily.

Second: The second item on a google search for Bibliotheca Sacra is the online archive and subscription page.

Third: You can still obtain Bibsac through Logos if you wish.  

I hope this helps. :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 8:24 AM

It has been 10 years. Can we generate some interest in Hoehner, Chronological Aspects of the Life of Jesus as a Community Pricing or Prepub?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS