Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 3 2009 6:54 AM

In preparation for a bible study, I attempted to grab a couple of good ref. strings (Multi-refs) from the MacArthur Study Bible.

Must I copy one at a time?  When I curser over the ref. it shows ok. I right-click...

"Selected References"  shows ok, but I cannot select all. Do I really need to do this one at a time?

"Selected text" > Copy > VerseList>Add>Copy from Clipboard does not work correctly.

Update.  The "Selected References" which works on the REf's while still in the resource show more accurately.

If I could SELECT ALL it would be great.

"Selected text" seems to be parsed by the "verse list" side and looses track of some things, and miss-interprets others.

Other issues:  How do I get the second group of ref's to fall in after the first. It seems to want to insert.

I also can't seem to un-select in the verse list.

Copying Ref's  in a bunch, and having them properly concatenate is fundamental to document preparation for sermons, and Bible study.

Auto-lookup helps, but still leaves me unable to add to the end of the first bunch. It alway wants to insert.

At best this is to just before the last verse, which must then be moved beck to it's proper place.

Any and all help appreciated.

Bob Diebel

Posts 26379
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2009 11:32 PM

Have you experimented with Canonical Sorting and Custom Sorting under the AZ icon?

Select "Custom" then the last verse entry in the list and Copy from clipboard (OK it inserts before, so duplicate that verse and use it as an insert point).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 3:14 AM

So far the best procedure seem to be: (Please let me know if you find better)

1. Highlight/Select  Multi-Ref String in the chosen Resource, and right click

2. Choose "Auto-Lookup"

(Thanx Steve Workman - Auto-Lookup suggestion)

3. At top right choose "Export results to verse list"

4. Go to verse list, and add verse "Rev 22:21" as the last verse

(Thanx Dave Hooton - last verse suggestion)

5: Ensure the last verse is selected in the verse list

6. Select next Multi-Ref, and repeat

This will allow you to collect the relevant refs from a resource for printing, or insertion in a Doc.

All HIS Best to you, Bob Diebel

Posts 8
Scott Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:30 PM

How do I simply create a verse list in L4? Specifically, I want to import verses from a website.  In other words, what is the L4 equivalent to the L3: File:New:Verse List:Add:From Web Page?

Thanks,

Scott

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:31 PM

ScottEAllen:

How do I simply create a verse list in L4? Specifically, I want to import verses from a website.  In other words, what is the L4 equivalent to the L3: File:New:Verse List:Add:From Web Page?

Thanks,

Scott

There isn't one yet. They are currently working on Verse lists.

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 4:37 AM

Could I re-open this?  What I suggested seemed to work before, but now the window that comes up in #2. does not contain Auto-Lookup.

All I wish to do is grab a Multiple Reference such as "Rev. 2:7,11,17; 2:26; 3:5,12,21" and copy to clipboard or a document or notes...

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 5:06 AM

The Power-Lookup does seem to work. When I click copy, and paste into word it works.

False alarm. This is slick.

Thanx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS