BUG? NASB surface text acts like hyperlinks when Inline display is on

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:26 AM | Locked

The NASB has some "extra functionality" when the inline display is toggled the words turn into hyperlinks and are also click-able. None of the other RIs function this way.

These popups can get in the way ( http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21720/162769.aspx#162769 ). If I wanted (I don't) to see these tips I could enable the Strong's number line.

There have been oddities with Strong's numbers and search for some time. Is this related?

Posts 25846
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:58 AM | Locked

Kevin Becker:
There have been oddities with Strong's numbers and search for some time. Is this related?

It's time this resource was fixed - the Strong's search bugs have been known for some time.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:30 AM | Locked

Kevin Becker:
The NASB has some "extra functionality" when the inline display is toggled the words turn into hyperlinks and are also click-able. None of the other RIs function this way.

Yes, I was going to report this, but forgot about it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 8:39 AM | Locked

Kevin Becker:

These popups can get in the way ( http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21720/162769.aspx#162769 ). If I wanted (I don't) to see these tips I could enable the Strong's number line.

I've submitted this request. There is also an open case on duplicate hits for Strong's Number when searching in NASB95.

Posts 2776
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:25 AM | Locked

I am not sure why most on this thread are saying it is a bug. This function is available in Logos 3 and it seems like a carry over rather than a bug. It would make sense to make this an optional function for those who want it and provide a turn off function for the scholars so that they can have their day in the sun. Just my opinion - it would seen to me, all who have contributed to this thread so far have little difficulty handling the Greek text.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:33 AM | Locked

Ted Hans:

I am not sure why most on this thread are saying it is a bug. This function is available in Logos 3 and it seems like a carry over rather than a bug. It would make sense to make this an optional function for those who want it and provide a turn off function for the scholars so that they can have their day in the sun. Just my opinion - it would seen to me, all who have contributed to this thread so far have little difficulty handling the Greek text.

Ted

The argument could be made for the pop-ups, but the single-click on a word that opens another resource seems to break the UI standard.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 10:03 AM | Locked

Ted Hans:

Ted

I call it a bug because it is different than all the other Reverse Interlinears. A bug is something that doesn't work as expected. Even the KJV doesn't work in this Libronix fashion. I can turn this function off and on by toggling the Strong's number line with the Inline display. This type of popup is regaled to datatype links the surface text of the NASB shouldn't work that way in my opinion.

I would be content if this was regaled to an option. However, if someone doesn't know Greek I would be hesitant of their relying on the limited info that can appear in a popup. Meaning is too dependent on context for that blurb to do it justice.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:21 PM | Locked

Fixed in B11, thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS