Please spare a thought for international customers!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:47 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Jack Caviness:

Alan Macgregor:
The crime rate is practically non-existent.

In that case, we could probably help out by sending a few of our very best criminals to help get that rate up where is should be. Geeked

Britain sent us, the very best of their criminals to the Great South Land Big Smile a couple of hundred years ago.

And look how well that turned out! Look at what we could do for Scotland! Geeked

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:04 PM

Jack Caviness:

Andrew McKenzie:

Jack Caviness:

Alan Macgregor:
The crime rate is practically non-existent.

In that case, we could probably help out by sending a few of our very best criminals to help get that rate up where is should be. Geeked

Britain sent us, the very best of their criminals to the Great South Land Big Smile a couple of hundred years ago.

And look how well that turned out! Look at what we could do for Scotland! Geeked

Look at what Scotland has already done for America and the World.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:30 AM

Andrew McKenzie:

Look at what Scotland has already done for America and the World.

I have too many things to read already. Maybe one of the Scots could give us a summary. Geeked 

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:05 AM

Bob Pritchett:

MJ. Smith:
Given the complexity of the laws for contests which vary from state to state, I suspect that the legalities for international contests simply becomes impractical.

That would be the correct answer. It's hard enough just to mail a disc to some countries; we're terrified of accidentally committing some kind of lottery/sweepstakes/financial-fraud violation. I want my international travel to be unrestricted by the threat of prison! :-)

I can personally guarantee that if I won a macbook pro from Logos and they sent it to me, I wouldn't tell any authorities.Angel

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:25 AM

Paul Davey:

I can personally guarantee that if I won a macbook pro from Logos and they sent it to me, I wouldn't tell any authorities.Angel

No, but if you won instead of me, I might Wink

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:31 AM

MJ. Smith:

Obviously, if you want the contest to be in your country, you should have built the software before the Logos crew did.Stick out tongue

I take your point, but I fear you forget that 'this sceptred isle, this earth of majesty... this other Eden' (by which I mean the UK) begraced the colonies with the gift of the English language Wink.

We do not, however, accept responsibility for the subsequent perversion of our mother-tongue (by which I refer you to American-English)...Stick out tongue

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:01 PM

Bob Pritchett:

MJ. Smith:
Given the complexity of the laws for contests which vary from state to state, I suspect that the legalities for international contests simply becomes impractical.

That would be the correct answer. It's hard enough just to mail a disc to some countries; we're terrified of accidentally committing some kind of lottery/sweepstakes/financial-fraud violation. I want my international travel to be unrestricted by the threat of prison! :-)

Just caught your response Bob.  I always thought that was  the case. Within a country their can be different laws and permits that need to be negotiated across state boundaries so international boundaries would cause serious headaches. And as much as we would all like a shiny new MacBook Pro we don't want it to cost you a prison term .....although some solitary confinement with a shiny new MacBook Pro loaded with  Logos 4 for MAC for a period of time does have its appeals.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:51 PM

Andy Evans:
We do not, however, accept responsibility for the subsequent perversion of our mother-tongue (by which I refer you to American-English)...Stick out tongue

I thought we had refined the language and gave it character. Geeked

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:19 PM

Jack Caviness:

Andy Evans:

I thought we had refined the language and gave it character. Geeked

I thought I read somewhere that New Englanders have kept the accent closer to the way it was back when we split off from the mother land than the Brits have. Tried to find some documentation of that but closest I could come was this intriguing thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/general-u-s/988890-american-accent-closer-english-accent.html. There's also an interesting documentary AMERICAN TONGUES which you can find in snippets on YouTube.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 3:07 AM

Bob Pritchett:
It's hard enough just to mail a disc to some countries; we're terrified of accidentally committing some kind of lottery/sweepstakes/financial-fraud violation. I want my international travel to be unrestricted by the threat of prison! :-)
Thanks for your answer Bob. What about allowing all and sundry to enter once they provide a U.S. address. Many persons have U.S. addresses that they ship to. Just wanna play. Stick out tongue

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS