Logos Website Really Slow

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:39 PM

Is it just me or is the Logos website slow? It just seems that it takes forever to navigate around it.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:44 PM

Seems to be working OK for me at the moment.  You might try rebooting your computer - sometimes they get bogged down with stuff.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 9:00 PM

I have. Still really slow. All the other websites I visit come up at regular speed, but not the Logos website for some reason.

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 2:39 AM

I also find Logos slow.  Does anyone have tricks to improve performance?

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 3:11 AM

The pages of the Logos website that are particularly slow are the long lists of products: all products, all downloadable productsall new products, and all pre-pubs. Just avoid those pages for now and you should be fine. Logos is in the midst of doing a big overhaul of their website to address that problem and make lots of other improvements, especially better access to their catalogue of products. For now the best way to find products is to search for them using the search box, or browse starting from one of the Product Guides or the Product Categories. Hopefully the new website will be up and running sometime later this year. We're all getting tired of how slow the old one is!

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:10 PM

Rosie,

many thanks for your post.

My concern is not with the slowness of www.logos. com, but with the speed of the Logos Bible Software 4.  How can I speed this up?  

I have several layouts stored, and some of these include many resources which may affect the speed.  Also I have many resources I do not use, can these slow down things?

Basically I am not familiar with Logos 4, but I hope to  learn more, hence any advice is welcome.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:22 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:
My concern is not with the slowness of www.logos. com, but with the speed of the Logos Bible Software 4.  How can I speed this up?

Hi Noel, sorry I missed the different gist of your post from the rest in this thread. I thought you were just chiming in with the others.

Here's a wiki page that has some tips on improving the performance of Logos 4 on your machine: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Running_Slowly

There are certain areas of the product that are due for some optimization by the development team, and they are always trying to improve things all around, particularly in response to specific reports from users who find a certain area of the product intolerably slow in spite of all the tweaks they've done to their system to bring it up to par with what is expected by Logos. Report back here if there are still some performance issues you're wondering about.

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 4:51 AM

Rosie,

many thanks.

But I am the one who should apologize, as I replied to a different topic from the main thread.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS