Tozer Collection

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:07 PM

John Kaess:
(and I really wanted to get that Tozer collection in Logos, but can't afford it).

You do know that you can get most (all?) of these books individually as well. Right? So if there are certain specific books you want, you could just purchase them and (potentially, at least) bring your cost down. Additionally, if Tozer is an absolute must for you, Logos does offer a payment plan (it costs some, but if it's worth it to you...).

BTW, I also got the Tozer collection when it was in pre-pub.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1626
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 2:56 PM

Mike W:
I think it's also important to remember that the software is free.

Hi Mike, I do tend to agree with your statement because yes, you can get a free version but to get a fully operational program you do have to do the minimal upgrade at a cost of $69.95. Kevin mentions some of the lost capabilities here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/22177.aspx Biblical People, Places and Things are some things that I would rather not do without  Smile

See more of what it includes here: http://www.logos.com/minimalcrossgrade

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 2816
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:43 AM

I love Tozer and would pay $20 to have Tozer in pdf format.  In fact, if I couldn't have it in Logos format for about the same, I would rather have it in pdf than any other Bible software format.  In pdf format, I could read it on my Kindel.  It would still be searchable.

To me there would be only a slight advantage in having material like Tozer in Logos format.  I want my commentaries, Bible reference, and language resources in Logos.  But something I would read devotionally and probably cover to cover - like Tozer - I had rather have on my Kindel.  Pdf would be fine.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:43 AM

Michael Childs:
To me there would be only a slight advantage in having material like Tozer in Logos format.  I want my commentaries, Bible reference, and language resources in Logos.  But something I would read devotionally and probably cover to cover - like Tozer - I had rather have on my Kindel.  Pdf would be fine.

Most of the Logos Tozer collection are his sermons made into books. So they can be quite helpful in Logos, especially from a homiletical point of view.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 10377
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:54 AM

Michael Childs:
o me there would be only a slight advantage in having material like Tozer in Logos format.  I want my commentaries, Bible reference, and language resources in Logos.  But something I would read devotionally and probably cover to cover - like Tozer - I had rather have on my Kindel.  Pdf would be fine.

I find that Tozer often makes comments in his devotional material that would make a good illustration for a Scripture passage. Therefore, I have made a Tozer collection which I can access through Cited by… (Also Jeremiah, MacArthur, Lucado, et.al.)

I seldom waste my time with books I will read once and forget. It just seems like a waste of time to me.

Posts 2
Bonnie White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:26 AM

Peter Li:

Starting with L4, Logos is the sole source we can get Logos resources from.  They no longer make boxed software, and they no longer allow any third-party to sell their new resources.

Peter

I have seen a third party L4 boxed product that is coming out, so this does not seem accurate.

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:32 AM

Bonnie White:
I have seen a third party L4 boxed product that is coming out, so this does not seem accurate.

Welcome to the Forums, Bonnie.  Thanks for chiming in.

This seems a bit confusing right now.  Do we have a response from Logos Sales that can clear this one up?

Posts 1129
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:38 AM

I'm not Logos sales but I just ordered a cd rom for Libronix of Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology and it wasn't from Logos.  But that's version 3.

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:11 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Logos does offer a payment plan (it costs some, but if it's worth it to you...).

John, RIchard is right you could call a rep up and see if they can get you a better deal and spread it over time with a $5/mo admin surcharge. I've used the payment plan often and it works very well.

I too would like to get Tozer's collection, but can spend that much on it at this time.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:59 PM

Scot Jefferies:

Bonnie White:

Welcome to the Forums, Bonnie.  Thanks for chiming in.

This seems a bit confusing right now.  Do we have a response from Logos Sales that can clear this one up?

It means that the base packages (e.g. scholars,, home bible study library, etc.) are not available outside of Logos.  But there are still other companies (like bits and bytes) putting out  a boxed product or two which contains different books.  AFAIK the 3rd party "collections" do not contain all the extra databases which the L4 base packages have - and they are generally much, much smaller in content.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:48 PM

Bonnie White:

Peter Li:

Starting with L4, Logos is the sole source we can get Logos resources from.  They no longer make boxed software, and they no longer allow any third-party to sell their new resources.

Peter

To be more accurate, Logos does not market boxed software anymore. You can get t-shirts, mugs & hats (even Bob Pritchett's book) from them., but the boxed products available for sale are third party product or "remainders." 

<trade secret Whisper If you go dumpster diving behind Logos HQ, you just may find packaging defects for upcoming third party CD products. You may also get arrested. Zip it!   My wife made me promise I would get her approval before I went back into the nether world ... Funny, she won't give me that approval. Huh? >

I imagine any new third party CD-based product will have to be Libronix or possibly just the Loos 4 search engine without the cool Bible People/Places/Things. Any word on that? Also, the new Nelson Lifeworks libraries appear to still be Libronix. Has anyone purchased them or know for sure?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1318
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:04 AM

I am not aware of any Logos 4 third-party products so far whatsoever, boxed or downloaded. Can anyone name a specific one?

Peter

Posts 2
Bonnie White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:14 AM

Based on IVP's website, the upcoming ACCS cd-rom collection is supposed to be L4, although I noticed the box says "Libronix 4" rather than "Logos 4", so maybe it will be Libronix 3 instead.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS