Sentence Diagram a disappiontment

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3316
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:06 AM | Locked

After losing some and getting some back- they are all out of whack.

Font does not display properly, pages crammed into one another, sections meshed together and impossible to disconnect.

I will have to manually rework everyone of them to sort out, and it is way to labor intensive.

I have L3 disc- I will reload it- and see if I can retrieve them from my Norton Backup.

Very disappionted.

The new ones we make maybe fine- but my previous ones- a real trip.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:27 PM | Locked

Certainly a huge disappointment. It is difficult too, because with syncing, it's not like we can beta test on one machine and not beta test on another. So if beta testing breaks/erases our documents, the only way to get them back is for Logos to manually restore them, bugs and all. 

I wonder if allowing us create backup files of all our docs that we could restore (or Logos creating backup versions that we could restore) would help out in the future for problems like this and the countless other ones that aren't foreseen.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:30 PM | Locked

Jacob Hantla:
It is difficult too, because with syncing, it's not like we can beta test on one machine and not beta test on another.

Are you sure?  I can't test this since I no longer have an additional computer; but I understood that documents in Beta do not sync to non beta installs.  That's why it is encouraged to not beta test on your main machine or to at least create a separate account for beta.  Not that I've followed the advice of course.  Huh?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3316
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:48 PM | Locked

I plan on with the next RC to leave one out of beta- I have setup a 3rd lap but left it with Beta 6 on it with my diagrams- I think once we have a stable RC I will update it to RC as well and move the diagrams over.

Unless they come up with a way to fix the formatting on my old SD, i'll have to work on them one at a time manually till its all fixed.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:51 PM | Locked

Whyndell,

For your sake brother I hope they do.  I know it must be crushing to redo all of that.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:54 PM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:

After losing some and getting some back- they are all out of whack

I guess I was fortunate, of my 20+ imported, only 2 were "out of whack"

Whyndell Grizzard:

Font does not display properly, pages crammed into one another, sections meshed together and impossible to disconnect.

Presumably the font in question is installed on the machine, I do ask because I found (and recalled when looking at PDF) I had used a non standard font, after deleting and reimporting diagrams one of my out of whacks was 90% fixed mainly positioning issues from previous import without font.

One I did have to redo, but thankfully in my case was on my todo list.

I am actually impressed on the whole, but understand your frustration..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:28 PM | Locked

Thomas Black:

Jacob Hantla:
It is difficult too, because with syncing, it's not like we can beta test on one machine and not beta test on another.

Are you sure?  I can't test this since I no longer have an additional computer; but I understood that documents in Beta do not sync to non beta installs.  That's why it is encouraged to not beta test on your main machine or to at least create a separate account for beta.  Not that I've followed the advice of course.  Huh?

If this is true it would be nice. I simply assumed that all documents are synced. But you think that there might be two document sets? A beta set and a not-beta set? I don't believe that is the case.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:35 PM | Locked

Jacob Hantla:

Thomas Black:

Jacob Hantla:

If this is true it would be nice. I simply assumed that all documents are synced. But you think that there might be two document sets? A beta set and a not-beta set? I don't believe that is the case.

This is true if the feature is still in Beta (i.e. sentence diagrams) If the stable release does not have that feature, sentence diagrams should not sync.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:36 PM | Locked

Fred Chapman:

Jacob Hantla:

Thomas Black:

Jacob Hantla:

This is true if the feature is still in Beta (i.e. sentence diagrams) If the stable release does not have that feature, sentence diagrams should not sync.

Got it that makes sense

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 3316
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 5:51 PM | Locked

Ok- good news I have rec'd an updated diagram in which the font is fixed- and the page layout has been uncrambled- THANK YOU LOGOS ESPECIALLY WHOEVER THE TECHIE WAS WHO FIXED IT- GOD BLESS YOU Big Smile

Question: how do I reduce the text to make it fit the pages? see brlow

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:08 PM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:

Ok- good news I have rec'd an updated diagram in which the font is fixed- and the page layout has been uncrambled- THANK YOU LOGOS ESPECIALLY WHOEVER THE TECHIE WAS WHO FIXED IT- GOD BLESS YOU Big Smile

Question: how do I reduce the text to make it fit the pages? see brlow

Whyndell I am so glad to here some good news on this front for you.  I can see from your screen shot how much work you have put into this and why it distressed you to loose this in the first place.  It really did bring joy to me when I saw this and that things are getting back on track for you.

Posts 3316
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 3:33 AM | Locked

Ok- I have found that changing the margins to 1/2 inch enabled me to move the text around to get them back within page boundaries- of course working form right to left to create space.

Still invovled- but not 1/2 as bad .

After realigning pages exported and it looks good- printed diagram looks good as well.

I still have more to rework- but at least I have found a method for doing it, without the intense labor factor.

Once again thanks for fixing the set that was really messed up, and please fix a way for us to keep back up copies.

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 5:05 AM | Locked

Team Logos have once again proven their commitment to their customers. Praise be to God for raising up this company!

Just as scriptures say, when one rejoices, we all rejoice.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS