Oh man! Tozer on sell...gotta have it!!

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:17 PM

It's also worth checking with your sales rep. They can sometimes get you better deals even than the coupon sales. Sometimes they're authorized to grandfather in pre-pub prices on certain titles for example. It might depend on how good a customer you've been in the past. They tend to reward frequent buyers with other special deals. This isn't really treating different otherwise identical customers differently. It's rewarding customer loyalty. Lots of businesses do it, from airlines to restaurants. It's similar to giving big discounts on books bought as part of large base package bundles. The more you buy, the cheaper each book will be. It doesn't seem fair to those who can't afford to buy a lot in the first place. But it's a very common practice in business and not considered discriminatory.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:42 PM

I suppose you're right Rosie.  But personally, as I have spent thousands, and I mean more than three, with Logos over the years, I'm not too happy with the process.  I suppose just posting this will block me out even more.  Anyway, I am grateful for the product aside from that.  I wonder if something I posted earlier has blacklisted me or what? 

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:52 PM

Michael March:

I suppose you're right Rosie.  But personally, as I have spent thousands, and I mean more than three, with Logos over the years, I'm not too happy with the process.  I suppose just posting this will block me out even more.  Anyway, I am grateful for the product aside from that.  I wonder if something I posted earlier has blacklisted me or what? 

I don't think you're blacklisted. I think there's probably a certain amount of randomness involved in the process too. Seriously, if you know there's a sale going on and you didn't happen to receive the email about it, but you call Sales and ask to get the discounted price, I'm sure they'll give it to you. And if you click that link that Paul Davey posted above, you should see the coupon code that Logos posted on the RSS feed, and you'll be able to use it. I hadn't received the message in my Home Page either, but I clicked that link and saw it and am planning to put in an order for this collection just as soon as I can get an answer back from my Sales Rep as to whether it's the lowest price he could offer me.

Actually, on second thought, when I turned on the "My Logos Messages" checkbox in my Customize menu, I did see this in my Home Page. Are you subscribed to Logos NewsWire on the Mailing Lists tab of your My Account page on logos.com?

That might explain why you're not getting notice of such specials.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:12 PM

Actually, I am subscribed to the logos newswire on my mailing lists.  I am also checked off on all the home page things that those that got the sale are.  I also tried mightily to find this sale.  I'm also, now that I think about it, closer to 4 grand as a logos platinum user plus.  But that is no reflection on you or logos.  This remains the premiere Bible Study tool I've ever seen and I am grateful for that.   I'm sure there's some reason they do what they do the way they do it.  Don't worry too much about it, I'm kind of soured on the whole thing.  Just kind of sad to me.  Have a great day and God bless.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:17 PM

Oh, and one other thing I forgot to mention, just so you know, I did click the link that Paul Davey posted above.  I got a listing for mac and ipod stuff, neither of which I have.

Posts 4834
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:19 PM

Chuck P.:

I am not understanding this at all....I owned my own software business for years and one of the things I always knew....You must treat all customers the same...this doesn't sound like good marketing procedures to me.....to discriminate between customers does not make sense at all....I would hate to walk into a retail store and see items on sale, but with sighs that read for customers who are only blond headed...

I understand the thought but this is a targeted campaign as Thomas explained.  Reality is a lot of large business have some sort of prefered customer or customer category scheme (Level A, Level B etc customers), or choose to make certain offers to certain groups of customers. In a smaller business this is less likely to happen if at all.

Posts 4834
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:25 PM

Michael March:

I think its as both Rosie and Thomas suggested, its targeted to those most likely to purchase and targeted based on recent (whatever that might be) purchase history rather than long term investment.

Posts 3649
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:31 PM

Rosie Perera:
It's also worth checking with your sales rep.

If you would like to take advantage of this deal, I would call your sales rep.  They may even be able to beat the coupon price.  You know the answer if you don't call.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 12:40 AM

Michael March:
Actually, I am subscribed to the logos newswire on my mailing lists.

Michael, one possibility you may not be receiving the email offers could be your filters. I just tried to send you a personal email and it bounced back. The diagnostics said it was cleared but "User quota exceeded" and the server was "siteprotect" if that helps.

If you have an alternate email address you can use, please send a message to me at dan@logos.com thanks!

Posts 42
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 4:40 AM

I also would be interested in the Tozer sale possibly. I found the Tozer collection on the site, but no special pricing. Where can I go to find the special pricing?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 4:50 AM

Christopher,

You have two options at this point.  You might try calling Logos sales and talk to Jared (or I guess any one who answers - I just usually talk to Jared). 

Or you can email Dan Pritchett.  just DON"T tell him I told you too.  Stick out tongue 

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 7:22 AM

Michael March:

Oh, and one other thing I forgot to mention, just so you know, I did click the link that Paul Davey posted above.  I got a listing for mac and ipod stuff, neither of which I have.

Yeah I clicked on the link that Paul Davey posted as well and I got the same thing as you :) . But that is ok.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:43 AM

Thomas Black:

Or you can email Dan Pritchett.  just DON"T tell him I told you too.  Stick out tongue 

Does somebody want to inform Dan about the spambots  & spiders he will fall victim to by posting his email?   Devil

We KNOW somebody actually reads the emails sent to that address!

(I am so glad Dan is a "hands-on" guy. When Logos dominates the whole world, Dan will still be watching....reading...solving problems..)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:43 AM

Christopher Funkhouser:

I also would be interested in the Tozer sale possibly. I found the Tozer collection on the site, but no special pricing. Where can I go to find the special pricing?

Christopher, and anyone else: Yes, it is worth calling or emailing a Sales Rep and asking what's the best price they can give you. I just did. Turns out it's less than the coupon price! In my experience the Sales Reps can quite often get you a lower price than even what's on "sale" right now. I don't understand why they do it this way. It seems to me it would be less expensive for them to have more people buy through the website and have less work for the Sales Reps, and thus have to keep fewer of them employed. But I guess they like developing this relationship between customers and Sales Reps, as it results in more sales over the long haul... I can attest to that! I'm about to put in another pretty large order via my Sales Rep. Jared has already been mentioned by others as being great. I use Jim-Ray Higginson and he's terrific too. Very quick response time. Email: jhigginson (at) logos (dot) com.

Posts 686
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:03 AM

+1 for the awesome Jim-Ray. Call or email him.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:22 AM

Michael March:
I have spent thousands, and I mean more than three, with Logos over the years, I'm not too happy with the process.  I suppose just posting this will block me out even more.  Anyway, I am grateful for the product aside from that.  I wonder if something I posted earlier has blacklisted me or what? 

Heh, heh. Michael March, you have to do something REALLY bad to make that list. I can hazard a guess for 10 posters being blacklisted but you don't come to mind.. Joking aside, I think we all fall victim to the automation sometimes.

"Recommended Add On Products for Matthew C Jones

BDAG/HALOT Bundle  (got it)
Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary (got it)
Ariel Ministries Messianic Collection  (got it)
JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection  (got it)
Charles Simeon's Horae Homileticae Commentary (got it)

The 50% I don't have are offered at retail  (4 of them have been on sale this past year)

International Critical Commentary Series
Barth's Church Dogmatics  
Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures
WallBuilders American Foundations Digital Library
Lenski's Commentary on the New Testament

So if there is a blacklist, my name is higher than yours. And a Macintosh computer must be tending to it.  Devil Every time I deal with a human being at Logos, I am extremely pleased. I have always been treated better than I deserve. Give the Logos PEOPLE a chance to serve you.

(fwiw: I've spent a lot of money with Logos too (Portfolio & then some.) I don't regret it. I know the humans at Logos do appreciate me.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 11:39 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Does somebody want to inform Dan about the spambots  & spiders he will fall victim to by posting his email? 

Thanks for the tip Matthew, but my email address is already all over the web in hundreds of places... and yes, I get about 300 emails a day!

Indifferent

Posts 10454
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 2:54 AM

Matthew C Jones:
And a Macintosh computer must be tending to it.  Devil

If that were true, the people who have seen the light would be getting all the good sales.

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 8:26 AM

Wish I would have checked before I purchased these books....most of my studying in on my computer....most of my reading is on my IPhone, but these books are not included in the Ipad/IPhone resources....hope they will be soon...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 2821
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:00 PM

Thomas Black:
It's a bit less sinister than you think Chuck.  It's all about targeted marketing.

Well, I agree with Chuck.  I find it offensive. 

I have spent in excess of three thousand dollars with Logos in the past 12 months alone, and I have been a customer since the very beginnng. I have history of being a loyal customer, and I have introduced many fellow pastors and laymen in my churches to Logos over the years.  So I feel free to express my honest feelings. 

It would cost very little to send the offers to everyone.  This is not the old snail mail advertising that is so expensive. This would make more sense if it cost 75 cents to a dollar to notify each customer.  That is not the way it is with email and the net. 

It is certainly Logos' right to run their company any way they please, but I have lost some respect for them over this.  I feel they have proven much less loyal to me than I have been to them.

The end result is that they are creating ill will among their customers.  That's real smart.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS