New Laptop

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 68
Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 27 2010 2:58 PM

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 64bit.

I am sure that I have seen but cannot seem to locate it regarding how to do a new install to the new laptop. Will Logos download my Library to the laptop or do I have to transfer from old laptop to new????

Any assistance or link to what I am looking for will be greatly appreciated.

yours in Christ, Mick

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 5:42 PM

Dominick gave you instructions on how to transfer from one laptop to the new. However, if you don't have a file transfer cable or external hard drive you can just download the Logos installer (there's a link in the wiki page Dominick posted) and it will download all your books and user files (if everything has been synced from the old laptop). Of course this could be a very lengthy process, grabbing the book files from your first computer is much faster!

Posts 68
Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 6:51 PM

Thanks to Dominick and Kevin for your quick response. I followed Method 2 but no resources displayed. When I started Logos 4 again and allowed updates it is half way through downloading 6.6 GB of updates. I assume it is downloading my resources????? I will see as soon as it finishes.

I will let you know what I discover.

Thanks again,  Mick

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 7:30 PM

Michael Finch:
I will let you know what I discover.

What do you mean by "no resources displayed"? Did you observe that at the step that states "* open some resources. If you see a warning message ..."?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 68
Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 9:34 PM

After indexing all my books showed up exactly as they were on my old laptop. All is well.

Thanks again for eveyone's assistance.

Mick

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS