bible search failed - blank results

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Robert Ellis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:28 PM

HI

i have just done an update

and the bible search now fails - which is extremely stressful as I am in the middle of a large assignment.

it returns no results even for basic words like love

any help would be great

I run Vista and the update took me to version 4.0d Sp2 (4.04.4.3415)

thank you

Rob Ellis

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:30 PM

It might be an index issue.....That is what I have heard when no results are returned.

Posts 30245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:32 PM

Robert Ellis:
it returns no results even for basic words like love

Most likely reason: the reindexing associated with the update has not completed.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
Robert Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:02 AM

thank you

I am rebuilding the index now - apparently it can take several hours - hopefully will resolve - time will tell

My first attempt at solving was to remove the cache folder from program data - I see a new one is not created - is that a problem? Should I put the cache folder back?

Posts 30245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:14 AM

Robert Ellis:
My first attempt at solving was to remove the cache folder from program data - I see a new one is not created - is that a problem? Should I put the cache folder back?

Sorry, but I don't know the answer on this. I hope someone else will step in with an answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26035
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:15 AM

Robert Ellis:
Should I put the cache folder back?

What is the cache folder? If it is not the BibleIndex folder or the LibraryIndex folder then it should be replaced.

Was L4 indexing when you detected the problem in Search?

EDIT: the only \Cache folder in Program Data is associated with L3, and that should be replaced when you run L3!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 30245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:19 AM

Dave Hooton:
however the advice was not intended to state that you should start indexing

Correct. Unfortunately, as Robert uses Vista and I use XP I wasn't comfortable telling him how to check that the indexing was done. Do you think that Logos would spring for two new machines for me - Vista and 7? I'll gladly accept either desktop or laptop.Big Smile

Posts 26035
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:39 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dave Hooton:
however the advice was not intended to state that you should start indexing

Correct. Unfortunately, as Robert uses Vista and I use XP I wasn't comfortable telling him how to check that the indexing was done.

You sprung me before I removed that text! What you said was fine; I then realised that Robert was likely responding to William's statement and interpreted yours as confirmation!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5500
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 1:11 AM

MJ. Smith:
Do you think that Logos would spring for two new machines for me - Vista and 7? I'll gladly accept either desktop or laptop.Big Smile

I think that's a good idea, I'm quite prepared to settle for a MacBook Pro and iPhone while you get two new machines.  I've got an XP install running in virtual box on my windows 7 machine, just need to get around to doing a Vista install in virtual box.....

Posts 20
Robert Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 2:40 AM

well

The reindex worked which is fantastic (took several hours)

thanks folks

Still not sure about the cache library I removed - but as all is working - think I will leave it this way

Rob

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 5:54 PM

Robert Ellis:
but as all is working - think I will leave it this way

Sounds really good Robert.  I generally follow the rule of thumb that states if it ain't broke do not fix it.  I am glad its now working for you. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS